Skyrim Information

Zaldir

To be perfectly honest I excepted mojang to win, Bethesda never had a trademark on the word scrolls. The games are very much different, Scrolls is a 2d card game and revoles around these Scrolls. To me " The elder scrolls" have never had the scrolls as the focal selling point or any other point for that matter.

Bethesda vs Mojang (or I hate it when Mum and Dad fight)

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's generally a baaad idea to call your game by one common word. Scrolls... It's not a name, a title or whatever, it's a word!

Even calling it "Magic Scrolls" or something like that would have been much better.

I'm on Mojang's side on this. Really, the whole case seems to be more about the lawyers at Bethesda keeping themselves with work.

However, could someone explain to me how this news is relevant in this thread?

Bethesda -> Skyrim -> The Elder Scrolls -> Scrolls

Edited by hejpadig

I still don't see how this news affect Skyrim in any way. It's not news about Skyrim, it's news about a dispute between a publisher and an indi-developer that will have no bearing on TES at all.

I still don't see how this news affect Skyrim in any way. It's not news about Skyrim, it's news about a dispute between a publisher and an indi-developer that will have no bearing on TES at all.

Well it kinda does, one of the reasons why they tried to sue Mojang is because people could confuse the games 'Scrolls' and 'Elder Scrolls', and 'Scrolls' being what appears to be a very crap game could give 'Elder Scrolls' a bad name.

Besides, I find it relevant. ;D

But yes, there shouldn't be too much of a discussion on it. One or two pages is enough. :P

(And in this thread, the topic changes at about that rate^^)

Edited by Zaldiir