Skyrim Information

Zaldir

While we're posting youtube videos, I thought this was a pretty nice cover.

Yep! That's the best cover of it I've heard so far.

He's got sheet music on his website, too. :)

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you hear that you'll never learn why your character is going to be executed? The main developer only said that Beth isn't ready to reveal that quite yet, and least that's what I heard off of the interview video.

I heard somewhere that you were being executed because you were, for lack of a better term, an illegal immigrant. (And I'm being serious on that one, they said you were gonna be executed for border crossing.)

If I find the link where I heard(or saw) that, I'll link it.

edit: couldn't find the link. meh.

I think I may have heard that somewhere too. I know they said something about enclosing the details, or maybe they did change their minds at the last moment. Would make sense as we never know why you were arrested in Oblivion.

Yeah, while I couldn't find the link, I believe Todd Howard mentioned it in the interview where he was sitting by the fire place.

I've listened to interviews saying Bethseda really wants to leave the question of your imprisonment out in the open to allow the player to develop his own story on why and how he is in there and if he deserves it or not. I could be wrong though but it seems like thats what seems most likely to me.

They never tell why the player is exactly imprisoned to add to the roleplaying experience. They've done that in all the past ES games, I doubt they'll change that. They might leave subtle (hidden) hints, but will it will not be forced upon the player. Also, this will probably not be told at all. Especially not before before the game's released. I won't deny they might've considered to do otherwise, they change their games a lot before it's a finished product. They've done so a lot with oblivion. Again, I doubt they'll state it though.

Bethesda won't tell you why you're in prison and about to be executed (like all prior TES games)...but I will.

I know that Morrowind started out with you as a prisoner and not knowing why, but I thought that it was implied somewhere in the game that the Elder Council had you imprisoned and shipped to Morrowind in order to fullfill some Elder Scrolls prophecy.