Skyrim Information

Zaldir

That makes sense... I mean, you start murdering people, people will run like hell. We can just assume kids got the hell out of there as soon as trouble was brewing, though I assume this might also mean other people like adults are getting out of there as well.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there children in the game?- Yes, there are children in the game.

Can they be turned unconscious?- No, they can not be unconscious. This system is like in Fallout 3.

Regarding killable kids, you can read between the lines in just this interview alone. At one point they agree that you can go on a killing spree and wipe out an entire village...at another point, they say kids are in the game. Put 2-n-2 together.

2+2= Kids would die, the problem with that is the game would probably end up being illegal. Hopefully I'll get some info regarding kids and their stance in the game soon.

From what I'm seeing, the kids arent killable. He states they cant be unconscious. In Oblivion, unconscious was the state an unkillable NPC became when you attempted to kill them (I know you guys know this, just saying). I would say the kids can not be killed just based off of that. And the 'system is like Fallout 3' statement.

:dance:

If they can be knocked unconscious then that means you can still hit them, or burn them, or try to plant a battle-axe in their head.I'm thinking that all of your attacks would probably clip right through the children and never harm them, and hopefully they at least run away after you try to use them to train up your skills.

Wait... 2+2 = killing children? Oh, the hidden horrors of mathematics have been painfully revealed!...

I agree that it would be annoying to destroy a town and still have all the children playing games in the streets, mocking your success as a horrible person. That's kind of how it was in Oblivion too though. I'd go around and wipe out the town, only to have a handful or so people still up and about because they were essential, and it made my massacre feel incomplete. I don't have a specific desire to kill children in Skyrim, but I'd prefer they not ruin the atmosphere of a ghost town. Whether that means they're killable, are raised by moles once their parents are dead and burrow deep underground, or eat super mushrooms to become killable adults... something needs to happen.

Also, this isn't just in regards to those of us who occasionally like to raze towns. Think about dragon attacks. Are the children going to be fireproof? Lame. How about quests. It would be cool to have kidnapping quests, or lost child quests, where you need to rescue said tater tots. If they're invincible, is that quest going to be very interesting? I don't think so. Maybe if they just have it so children don't emit blood, and if there's any dismemberment in the game leave that off the kiddies?

i can see both sides of the argument here. i would vote in favor of adding to the realism from having kids dying. I think it wouldn't felt quite as cool razing a town with kids not reacting to what you have just done, sitting around playing games or whatever. the least they could do is make the kids flee the town to another town.

Exactly, I'm all for keeping child violence out of the game, but I don't want them to act like nothing's happened.

Perhaps when a dragon attacks, they run off and disappear once they're out of range of the player's vision, then if their guardian is still alive, they return?

I dont think its that big a deal (the child violence) if people decide to go on rampage, killing everything, well they wont feel offended by hurting a child because, not only is it a video game, but its also thier goal if thier plan was to kill everything in the first place. if people dont like the idea, well simply dont kill entire towns XD

I dont think its that big a deal (the child violence) if people decide to go on rampage, killing everything, well they wont feel offended by hurting a child because, not only is it a video game, but its also thier goal if thier plan was to kill everything in the first place. if people dont like the idea, well simply dont kill entire towns XD

Yeah but the public doesn't care about that, they'll probably give it the highest rating possible if it doesn't become banned.

You remember how Morrowind, or Oblivion (can't remember which, I think it was Oblivion) got a higher rating because some modder took the clothes off the female model?

i can see both sides of the argument here. i would vote in favor of adding to the realism from having kids dying. I think it wouldn't felt quite as cool razing a town with kids not reacting to what you have just done, sitting around playing games or whatever. the least they could do is make the kids flee the town to another town.

Since killing kids seems to be out of the question for the vanilla game, I agree completely with this. At least make them run into another town. Act like orphans. Child beggars and whatnot.