Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I've been examining the cave part, and I can't find any spot where it's obviously the exterior and not a skybox. Can anyone point me to a spot on the clip where it's clearly shown as a transition between dungeon and exterior?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that bothers me still: Will there be marriage in the game? Or like, settling down and make family or something?

Heroes and saviors of the world need a break, after all. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/mellow.gif

I've been examining the cave part, and I can't find any spot where it's obviously the exterior and not a skybox. Can anyone point me to a spot on the clip where it's clearly shown as a transition between dungeon and exterior?

I think they're referring to the part where the character has the staff that shoots light and the sword in the other hand, it looks as if though you can see outside the cave, but it doesn't look like an exterior to me.And I can't find anywhere else that seems like a dungeon leading out to an exterior.

Did anyone else notice the green sword in the right hand during the section about dual-wielding swords? It looks like a glass short-sword to me. I can't tell if the one on the left is a steel short-sword, or a Dwemmer short-sword...

Either way, I like the new look of the weapons. If it is indeed made of glass, it looks more, well... glass-like. In fact, it reminds me of a broken piece of glass...

Edit: @Corakus and ub3rman123:

I think they're referring to the part where the character has the staff that shoots light and the sword in the other hand, it looks as if though you can see outside the cave, but it doesn't look like an exterior to me.And I can't find anywhere else that seems like a dungeon leading out to an exterior.

That cave reminds me of the caves in Fallout: New Vegas. (i.e. you can see part of the outside, but you can't actually get there (i.e. because of a curve, or a rock blocking the way; something along those lines).

Maybe this is how they will make the transitions (a definite improvement, in my opinion).

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

I wouldn't mind if dungeons were in separate cells as long and the entrances are done better than the generic wooden door #341. For instance what if they had only a small portion of the dungeon part of the world space. You don't run right into a door but you enter a cave system or ruin by just walking right in then after a main chamber or entrance area the rest of the dungeon is then accessed by doors, gates, etc. They still get the benefit of different cells but the transition into those cells would feel more natural.

Did anyone else notice the green sword in the right hand during the section about dual-wielding swords? It looks like a glass short-sword to me. I can't tell if the one on the left is a steel short-sword, or a Dwemmer short-sword...

Either way, I like the new look of the weapons. If it is indeed made of glass, it looks more, well... glass-like. In fact, it reminds me of a broken piece of glass...

i think it was just enchanted

Did you notice how the PC runs, then slows down gradually before walking again? No abrupt run-walk animations.

I think that's because they played it with an Xbox 360 controller. You'd probably get the same results if you play Oblivion on a console.

Even if you can't fly on the dragons, I bet they can pick you up.

I am almost certain that is a Elven Longsword. During the Game Informer interview videos they did back in Feb you could see concept art in the background of some of the videos and there was one for Elven Armor and it had that same style and design as that sword.

Unbelievable gameplay....I think I might cry. :sweat:

Indeed. It just looks too good to be true! :dance:

Did you notice how the PC runs, then slows down gradually before walking again? No abrupt run-walk animations.

And the dragons....oh, the dragons.... :woot:

Five more months...just five...I can make it....

I especially loved the lighting in the demo; I nearly fell out of my seat when they entered the cave and I saw that light pouring in. Absolutely brilliant. If it looks this good now....I can't even imagine, my mind is just blown to pieces right now....