Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The handcrafted world is indeed quite a major improvement. But with there being 150 dungeons, even with more people doing them, some will have similar layouts. Not as badly as Oblivion's copypaste dungeons, though. And much more diverse.

One of the major flaws in Oblivion's world was that all the dungeons were swarming with enemies. All the mines, forts, everything. It felt fake. Morrowind had egg mines with NPCs working at them. Doesn't Skyrim have mines too? I mean Morrowind style?

We don't know that yet, you could see those axes whatever they were, swinging from the walls in the demo. And they confirmed dungeons with actuall puzzless this time.

The handcrafted world is indeed quite a major improvement. But with there being 150 dungeons, even with more people doing them, some will have similar layouts. Not as badly as Oblivion's copypaste dungeons, though. And much more diverse.

One of the major flaws in Oblivion's world was that all the dungeons were swarming with enemies. All the mines, forts, everything. It felt fake. Morrowind had egg mines with NPCs working at them. Doesn't Skyrim have mines too? I mean Morrowind style?

I think they mentioned something like that when they were talking about the NPC jobs and that some of them would work in the mines, but it was so long ago so I forget where I read it.

Edit: Here it is, look under Radiant AI.

Edited by Corakus

Now matter how Skyrim will be, I believe it will be the greatest game of all time, or at least to date! And going with what Zaldiir said, I have been a Morrowind guy since it came out, and Skyrim seems to be a perfect blend between both MW and Oblivion!

@Corakus

So that's where I read it. Been some months since then, no wonder I didn't remember :)

From one thing to another; I didn't see persuasion option in the demo conversation. Is it gone altogether? We can't bribe, or taunt people anymore?

Now matter how Skyrim will be, I believe it will be the greatest game of all time, or at least to date! And going with what Zaldiir said, I have be Morrowind since it came out, and Skyrim seems to be a perfect blend between both MW and Oblivion!

I can only agree.

It looks like the best RPG ever. The inventory and dragons and combat and dialogue (basically everything) make it unique and great!

GOTY for sure! :thumbsup:

Yes same here I have been a fan since morrowind also and sorry jac about taking so much offense about what you posted I just kinda felt like your were talking trash about my favorite game company just the word lazy kinda set me off again I apologize but back to topic yes concept did look amazing and it would had been great to see but I'm sure you know some times concept art just can't be a reality sure I'm sure they could I just love to see people talk about the good not the bad morrowind at the launch awesome graphics then oblivion at launch was awesome graphics at the time they did faulted a little on immersion but I still give it a 11 out of 10 and I'm sure skyrim will be an epic journey I just know we are all gonna buy it if we havnt already I bought it for pc and for xbox haha just wish they would implement a arena pvp or an online market place that would be cool I know that's not possible with mods who knows haha