Skyrim Information

Zaldir

forget the armor, i'm siked about getting married and moving your wife into your house. i'm siked about fordging your own weapons, making weapons and armor outof raw materials. AWESOME. enchanting skill, higher your skill the higher your enchantments will be. AWESOME. a possible burning building by dragons even though it's rare? what did he mean by that.? being able to change quests with different endings =) did we have that in oblivion? did i miss anything?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion I think the addition of relationships and marriage was a waste of time, but other than that this game is going to be awesome, I can't wait!

I believe modders could use the system for something cool but we'll see how it plays out in vanilla.

If Beth has time to put marriage and tavern brawls in the game I would think they could put at least one spear in the game too. At least the Daedric items are in tho!

a possible burning building by dragons even though it's rare? what did he mean by that.?

He is probably referring to special, scripted encounters where certain places will be destroyed once you reach a certain point in the game...similar to Kvatch I'm guessing. He said they cannot have Dragons going around and torching buildings because it would impact the play spaces they developed so I don't think that any of the random dragon encounters are going to involve destruction of architecture. Remember the video showing the fight with the dragon when the Dragonborn runs to the top of a tower? The building was not affected by the dragon bombardments at all...just your health bar.

We did see in the videos where events such as the dragon falling from the sky causes dirt to be modified and their skeletons sometimes remain after you've consumed their soul. I would venture to guess these kinds of things that "scar" the landscape have timers associated with them and eventually fade away much like the bodies and blood decals in prior games. (e.g. cell resets)

LHammonds

The main difference is that the upper and lower body armors, the cuirass and greaves, have been combined into one piece.

So all clothes will be jumpsuits?...mk...

Urgh... seems like a huge step backwards and a huge pain in the butt for moding.

The main difference is that the upper and lower body armors, the cuirass and greaves, have been combined into one piece.

So all clothes will be jumpsuits?...mk...

Urgh... seems like a huge step backwards and a huge pain in the butt for moding.

Not necessarily, just because the developers designed their armor like that doesn't mean the options to make separate aren't there within the Creation Kit.

@Zaldiir; Not really. You just have to know how to skin armors to the skeleton. Shoot, since the oblivion armors are already rigged, I could literally just import them all into 3ds Max, and export it all as one piece and have one piece armors in Oblivion.

Plus, people have been able to port Oblivion armors to Fallout, which uses the same one piece system that Skyrim is using.

Edited by jhardingame

I still don't like their answer about the part if you will be able to transform into another creature. Just give us something to look forward to, the way he says it it's like 50% chance they'll add it.