Skyrim Information

Zaldir

For flying dragons, you can use dragon shouts to take it down

Use dragonshout to kill it... But... we need to kill it before we can learn a dragonshout... Only I who see a problem here?

As far as I know you will have to use SOME kind of range attack at first. As soon as you have annoyed it, it will however chase you down, so you don't need to be specialized in it

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the very first dragon you encounter will be a tutorial. Like it's attacking a city and the guards weaken it and let you stab it. That way you can learn your very first shout, which will probably be a basic attack that you can now use to take out the rest of the dragons on your own. That would work, but I can predict that people will flame because the game is "holding your hand" for the first dragon.

The dragons land on their own occasionally, maybe even frequently, so pure melee should be an option if you can dodge the flames.If you're a stealth character, I don't see why you can't just shoot arrows at the dragon as he's flying by or when he's landed, but considering the rarity of arrows in Skyrim, you'd have to be careful about preserving them.Mages should be obvious, send fireballs his way whenever you can.

Making arrows? Jizztastic. And what do you mean "Rarity of arrows in Skyrim"? Shouldnt there be an abundance?

There's not an abundance of arrows in Skyrim, and they are not cheap, so basically they are a rarity.

I guess ranged enemies will be equipped with a realistic amount of arrows this time around then. (Which would be less than 10 arrows...)

As previously mentioned, the dragons will occasionally land for combat (or to rest... sneak attack!). They do swoop close to the ground too, giving you another chance to hit them.

As for Dragon Shouts, you can alternatively acquire them via ancient wall text in some dungeons, though they shouldn't be needed to defeat a dragon. In the gameplay vids, it appears to be that offensive shouts just do big damage, so if you have patience, you could whittle their health down with mundane weaponry.

http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news/a-list-of-new-skyrim-details-is-finally-out/

Doodad. Why is it that all these magazines are getting different info? Is it translation errors or does Bethesda just think this is a good way of doing it?

I think it would be a good idea to just ignore those interviews and wait for Quakecon.

"Ice Trap freezes an enemy when he walks over trap - similar to WoW's Ice Trap"

"Detect Life allows player to detect life in his vicinity - most likely similar to tracking spells of hunter class in WoW"

This is very irritating, why are they comparing spells to WoW?

I assume they don't know Oblivion had detect life also...

Do you guys think there will be barber saloons around the cities? I think it seems to be a really good idea. Considering I usually get really mad when I get bored of my haircut in Oblivion, and have to sort of cheat to change the hair. It'd be great if you were able to cut your beard etc in a barber saloon as well. Bethesda made it possible to chose your path in the game whenever you wanted to, basically because people got bored after a while playing wizard for instance, and wanted to change. If they ad barber saloons and such, there's basically no reason to change character.

Yes all new details - like the existance of Riverwood or the civil war :D

Doodad. Why is it that all these magazines are getting different info? Is it translation errors or does Bethesda just think this is a good way of doing it?

I'd say a lot of these is a matter of misunderstanding something or an error in translation - a good example was one of the Polish magazines, where they said crossbows were in and our character was an actual son of a dragon (that is a literal translation of Dragonborn).

Oh okay I get it. Thanks Moja. One last thing. How is someone supposed to fight a flying dragon? I get how spells or arrows will hit it, but what if you are strictly a melee character? What would you do then? I've never played a dragon game before and all the trailers don't really show how one would fell the flying beast.

Get a bow - that's how. I'd say that having to adjust (and not picking up a sword and going through the entire game with it) is a good thing ;)