Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I agree with lv000 the water in fallout looks better but then again that was in low res.The graphics are good indeed but something that came to mind was that oblivion with max graphics and the qarl´s texture mod looks pretty similar to skyrim graphics, not saying the graphics look bad or anything I think oblivion with max graphics and better texture mods look amazing so I imagine skyrim.The third person looks really good don´t know why some people don´t like third person, and it looked like the head moves to where the player looks.I´m eager to play skyrim.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with lv000 the water in fallout looks better but then again that was in low res.The graphics are good indeed but something that came to mind was that oblivion with max graphics and the qarl´s texture mod looks pretty similar to skyrim graphics, not saying the graphics look bad or anything I think oblivion with max graphics and better texture mods look amazing so I imagine skyrim.The third person looks really good don´t know why some people don´t like third person, and it looked like the head moves to where the player looks.I´m eager to play skyrim.

Still, this footage was on Xbox at probably medium graphics, imagine it on max graphics on PC!

The only thing I hope they added is SSAO, it adds great depth to the graphics.

The only ting that still bugs me are the moonwalking Bosmer and Redguard. But that will probably get fixed, or already is.

Really c'mon, the question should be who hasn't played a game for 30hrs. I know I have. On several occasions.

Uhhh...I haven't...

Are you even trying?

I suppose there is always Skyrim...

Unfortunately, (maybe fortunately?) I've always had school and work to do. The most I played at one time was around 6 hours. Actually, there was the one time I played oblivion on my laptop on a trip to Illinois...which was 11 hours. So yeah, 11 hours.

Well, I can't hold back for a spoiler, so I watched the whole video. And really, it's not that bad. The graphics are busted, but the sounds are good enough to hear.

I just stood in awe while I watched the combats, the enviroment, the gameplay, etcetera. :mellow:

I hope they launch a better video soon, for my sanity's sake.

Really c'mon, the question should be who hasn't played a game for 30hrs. I know I have. On several occasions.

Uhhh...I haven't...

Are you even trying?

I suppose there is always Skyrim...

Unfortunately, (maybe fortunately?) I've always had school and work to do. The most I played at one time was around 6 hours. Actually, there was the one time I played oblivion on my laptop on a trip to Illinois...which was 11 hours. So yeah, 11 hours.

Shame on you! Who cares about your actual duties when you have a decent RPG to play? Oh, and did I mention that I work as an air-traffic controller?

That was a joke, no need to worry...

On topic though, the gameplay looks amazing so far even if it's not in HD. Looks like they have made considerable improvements even on the first-person animations.

Edited by amycus

The game will probably force me to get good grades in school so I won't have to learn in my free time.

Best win/win situation ever!

@hejpading

Youtube it, or google it, you'll surely find it. It's been copied endless times.

Edited by Iv000

As far as the water goes, you have to keep in mind that PC is getting special HD textures. So who knows what it looks like on PC.

The game will probably force me to get good grades in school so I won't have to learn in my free time.

Best win/win situation ever!

@hejpading

Youtube it, or google it, you'll surely find it. It's been copied endless times.

Yeah, thx man, found it.

For the demo itself:

The thing is, I don't want to be one of those complainers, it's a beautiful game, but you can see some bugs that really annoy me. For example, when Tod is riding the horse, every time he hits some flat rocks on the ground, you can really see that old Oblivion thing when you try to walk on something which doesn't work. It got choppy as fast as he touched the stones, watch it if anyone have other theories. The other thing is the fact that IMO the melee combat system looks almost exactly like it did in Oblivion. Lastly, sometimes during the gameplay you see that people are walking around and it's just the choppyness Oblivion delivered. I hoped they would remove that. One example is when you enter the first village and there is a woman walking out from her house and she stops choppily outside her house, in front of another villager.

I love the game so far, but these are the things I noticed. People will always compare and rate things, rather unknowingly or knowingly, I just thought I'd share my thoughts. I really don't want to feel like the one who made the 1hr long complaining video.

Cheers.

Edited by hejpadig

I think part of it is that the vids came from a long time ago. When were they taken...January, I think? I have no doubt they've worked out some things since then.

Or is this a real demo of the "here and now" Skyrim?