Skyrim Information

Zaldir

With how the game plays and the sexy, updated graphics, hopefully you'll forget about how Diablo did it. I wasn't too happy with that "crony" system either. The article says that you can actually become friends with people and possibly have them join you, so in a way, you will have a connection. I know I'll probably have some sentimental attachment to the first "friend" I make in the game and try to keep him/ her the best I can. While I do enjoy Fallout, I think the games need to be separate in many aspects to make me want to play the other when I'm tired of one. Sometimes when I played Oblivion, I got the urge to split someones skull with my 10mm or sniper rifle. Then I'd get the urge to make groups of unsuspecting bandits suddenly want to kill each other.

I hope that the companions will be able to hold their own in a fight though.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the companions are supposed to be your backup raid crew for taking on big stuff.... like dragons. I see where there taking it and I prefer it to just about any games companion system right now. Now I can have peace of mind when that guy that I paid to party with me got mashed by that dragon because all about him is that he liked using maces.

I really like in Fallout NV and Dragon Age how you can talk to your companions for a long time, learn their backround and perform deep quests which reward you later for getting to know these people who travel with you. I don't just want some Diablo 2 type hireling who I send out to die again and again.

Then make one.

I think the companions are supposed to be your backup raid crew for taking on big stuff.... like dragons. I see where there taking it and I prefer it to just about any games companion system right now. Now I can have peace of mind when that guy that I paid to party with me got mashed by that dragon because all about him is that he liked using maces.

I really like in Fallout NV and Dragon Age how you can talk to your companions for a long time, learn their backround and perform deep quests which reward you later for getting to know these people who travel with you. I don't just want some Diablo 2 type hireling who I send out to die again and again.

Then make one.

Yeah I talked about planning to in an old thread you can still find on here. Ill voice it myself so you can download it and bask in the schmexiness. I'm sure you'll love it.

:kiss:

I'm just a little curious as to why this thread hasn't been sticked yet? It's the most prevalent source of development/game info on the forum, so shouldn't it be one of the first things people looking for info should see? I understand that people will probably post on it regardless and keep it on the first page, but a sticky still seems like a good idea.