Skyrim Information

Zaldir

The first thing I ever test in an ES game is stealing. Just to see what happens. I'm very curious to see what they change, if anything, in Skyrim; but, I kind of don't want to know so I can find out for myself in the first unsuspecting town in-game.

"Stop right there, criminal scum!"

Does anyone remember something from way back that said crimes weren't psychically transmitted to every town's guards, and that it would be a regional thing? Or did the thief in me dream that?

Relationships will play a big factor. Stealing from a friend won't mean you get reported to the authorities maybe? "How could you steal from me!?" "You gave me a key!" lol

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of confirmed changes, but I don't want to ruin it for you, as you said. I'll just tell you that the guards aren't psychic anymore. Oh, and if you go into sneak mode near one, they will follow you to make sure you won't do anything illegal. Which is pretty realistic IMO.

Good to know I'm not crazy, thanks! I dig that idea a lot, since the guards in Oblivion were either infuriatingly adept, or disappointingly inept. That really helps them look more suspicious of sneaks. Like Khajiits. Khajiits are jerks like that.

As far as relationships go, I wonder if this could include getting in good with the local authorities? Wink, nudge? Money in the right pockets...apparently I just want to play medieval Goodfellas.

There is a lot of confirmed changes, but I don't want to ruin it for you, as you said. I'll just tell you that the guards aren't psychic anymore. Oh, and if you go into sneak mode near one, they will follow you to make sure you won't do anything illegal. Which is pretty realistic IMO.

Good to know I'm not crazy, thanks! I dig that idea a lot, since the guards in Oblivion were either infuriatingly adept, or disappointingly inept. That really helps them look more suspicious of sneaks. Like Khajiits. Khajiits are jerks like that.

As far as relationships go, I wonder if this could include getting in good with the local authorities? Wink, nudge? Money in the right pockets...apparently I just want to play medieval Goodfellas.

Screw that, i wanna blackmail those fools. Sneak into their house, grab some secret love letters, and blackmail that sucka if he try to arrest me. Or sneak in to the barracks, and listen in to his conversation and pick up info that you can use to your advantage.

I'm happy they've made a honest effort to make caves look interesting. Or maybe that was just the demo lol. Oblivion wasn't bad, but I felt that caves and dungeons were so dark and boring. Instead of mysterious and interesting.

Does anybody actually play as a Redguard?

They are technically the second best equipped race to become a fighter class. I played one in Morrowind, and the main reason I didn't play one in Oblivion was because they looked like an Imperial who had been sun-burnt really bad and attempted to heal themselves by slipping into an acid bath.