Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do let you become king of skyrim at the end, I seriously hope they don't do it like Oblivion. "Congratulations! You're now the king! Now just stare at your tiny little bedroom you get as a reward and continue crawling around through caves while your trusted advisers do all the ruling for you."

If they do let you become king of skyrim at the end, I seriously hope they don't do it like Oblivion. "Congratulations! You're now the king! Now just stare at your tiny little bedroom you get as a reward and continue crawling around through caves while your trusted advisers do all the ruling for you."

Unfortunately that's going to happen. You won't see anything like Real Time Settler - New Wave in Skyrim where you get to lead, micro-manage, and have huge wars.

Unfortunately that's going to happen. You won't see anything like Real Time Settler - New Wave in Skyrim where you get to lead, micro-manage, and have huge wars.

Well, obviously we won't be able to declare war, send out battalions or dramatically affect the economy all on the seat of our throne. But, at the very least, basic recognition, from ANYONE that you are the King of Skyrim would be nice. A few extra dialogue options for a choice number of NPCs at least.

This was a big issue in Oblivion. Once you got to the head of any faction, no-one except those who were actually in it cared at all.

ME: "I'm the head of the mages guild."

GUARD: "State your business, citizen"

ME: "That's it... Really?"

GUARD: "Have you heard about the Emperor's death?..."

ME: *sigh*

I'm not asking for the ability to micromanage the faction's affairs in the level of detail of an entirely separate game, just some toys to play with. All you get in Oblivion is maybe one minor perk (go listen to a statue jabber away for 5 minutes every week to get a teensy amount of pocket change for your level) and the ability to order a few minions to follow you around who will instantly get themselves killed by the first enemy they encounter. I mean at least the adoring fan was amusing to slaughter the first couple of times: Having your fighter's guild minions crowd around and get in the way of your attacks is just pathetic. The only leadership perk in Oblivion I might be willing to call good would be the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, that is if it actually worked. Every single time I tried to use it, the guards still kept chasing me after I took it off, even if I did so way out in the wilderness with no one else around.

I thought it was stupid in Oblivion when you become the Champion of Cyrodiil you have the ability to control guards according to lore. At least I hope in Skyrim you can adjust things if you become High King. What I'm saying is control guards, control taxes, and get income, maybe adjusting your Castle to your preference, be able to get away with crimes easier or something (Shivering Iles had this but it was flawed whereas the Golden Saints and Dark Seducers wouldn't pay your fine right away.) I do remember them saying they have made the Faction Quests a lot more rewarding in Skyrim especially when you become the leader of said faction you get a lot more benefits and other stuff. Zaldir can correct me if he wants. I do believe your character might still be alive being Sheogorath and all. Unless the old one came back or something. No once knows but your character seemed to be the only one not affected by madness. When you become Sheogorath you still did not do it but you understood the mad (Engine or Developer permitting could be why you couldn't be like the "old" Sheogorath. The whole post-Shivering Iles is a mystery we can only hope BGS tells us what happens after post-Shivering Iles or something of the matter, I am aching to know what happens to your character does he/she die or live on as Sheogorath or something.) Not doubt there will be books about Oblivion Lore and such in Skyrim, Daggerfall had Arena's, Morrowind had Daggerfall, Oblivion had Morrowind's so we will definitely see it in. Still I did notice that in the Quakecon Demo "The Real Barenziah" was V3. In Oblivion and Morrowind it was V2. So did it go back to being uncensored or what? So maybe you will meet your old character in the form of Sheogorath or not as previously stated.

M'aiq the Liar would be dead unless he took on being a Lich. That or he might of had children and one of them are the new him. Or he might not be in at all.

If Mehrunes Razor comes back I hope it will be in Vanilla Skyrim I don't want a 500MB or so DLC to be just for that or if it is in one of the DLC it would be a side item. Speaking of DLC it might be possible they will put Spears in the DLC. Not saying they will but they don't have the time now but they maybe will when making the DLC's to put in the Spears and the animations and such.

Finally the Australian CE thing being sold out. Is Skyrim really popular there? Or did they not have very many copies? Makes me wonder though they said the CE is in very limited quantities. Luckily I already upgraded it, pre-ordered Rage, pre-ordered Saints Row 3 and upgraded it and a few others I can't remember though still the Character Generation itself will beat a lot of games coming out this year, lol.

Sorry for the rambling. :)

I thought it was stupid in Oblivion when you become the Champion of Cyrodiil you have the ability to control guards according to lore. At least I hope in Skyrim you can adjust things if you become High King. What I'm saying is control guards, control taxes, and get income, maybe adjusting your Castle to your preference, be able to get away with crimes easier or something (Shivering Iles had this but it was flawed whereas the Golden Saints and Dark Seducers wouldn't pay your fine right away.) I do remember them saying they have made the Faction Quests a lot more rewarding in Skyrim especially when you become the leader of said faction you get a lot more benefits and other stuff. Zaldir can correct me if he wants. I do believe your character might still be alive being Sheogorath and all. Unless the old one came back or something. No once knows but your character seemed to be the only one not affected by madness. When you become Sheogorath you still did not do it but you understood the mad (Engine or Developer permitting could be why you couldn't be like the "old" Sheogorath. The whole post-Shivering Iles is a mystery we can only hope BGS tells us what happens after post-Shivering Iles or something of the matter, I am aching to know what happens to your character does he/she die or live on as Sheogorath or something.) Not doubt there will be books about Oblivion Lore and such in Skyrim, Daggerfall had Arena's, Morrowind had Daggerfall, Oblivion had Morrowind's so we will definitely see it in. Still I did notice that in the Quakecon Demo "The Real Barenziah" was V3. In Oblivion and Morrowind it was V2. So did it go back to being uncensored or what? So maybe you will meet your old character in the form of Sheogorath or not as previously stated.

M'aiq the Liar would be dead unless he took on being a Lich. That or he might of had children and one of them are the new him. Or he might not be in at all.

If Mehrunes Razor comes back I hope it will be in Vanilla Skyrim I don't want a 500MB or so DLC to be just for that or if it is in one of the DLC it would be a side item. Speaking of DLC it might be possible they will put Spears in the DLC. Not saying they will but they don't have the time now but they maybe will when making the DLC's to put in the Spears and the animations and such.

Finally the Australian CE thing being sold out. Is Skyrim really popular there? Or did they not have very many copies? Makes me wonder though they said the CE is in very limited quantities. Luckily I already upgraded it, pre-ordered Rage, pre-ordered Saints Row 3 and upgraded it and a few others I can't remember though still the Character Generation itself will beat a lot of games coming out this year, lol.

Sorry for the rambling. :)

Incredibly limited. I'm a little surprised though. I live in Australia, and was going to get the CE, but the $200 price tag turned me off majorly.