Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do let you become king of skyrim at the end, I seriously hope they don't do it like Oblivion. "Congratulations! You're now the king! Now just stare at your tiny little bedroom you get as a reward and continue crawling around through caves while your trusted advisers do all the ruling for you."

Unfortunately that's going to happen. You won't see anything like Real Time Settler - New Wave in Skyrim where you get to lead, micro-manage, and have huge wars.

Well, obviously we won't be able to declare war, send out battalions or dramatically affect the economy all on the seat of our throne. But, at the very least, basic recognition, from ANYONE that you are the King of Skyrim would be nice. A few extra dialogue options for a choice number of NPCs at least.

This was a big issue in Oblivion. Once you got to the head of any faction, no-one except those who were actually in it cared at all.

ME: "I'm the head of the mages guild."

GUARD: "State your business, citizen"

ME: "That's it... Really?"

GUARD: "Have you heard about the Emperor's death?..."

ME: *sigh*

For me it was

Me: Archmage as you know.

Guard: "So you are the Arcane University's newest recruit? Welcome (Along the lines of that)

So on and so on.

It was horrible that the NPCs didn't take into account you position in factions! As soon as I became leader of anything, I'd get no respect for anything.

But that led up to a brutal massacre of most citizens in the IC, so they got what was coming to them...

Ima make my character look like Uriel Septim. How badass would that be? "I am your emperor, Uriel Septim. Obey me!"

Guys... Should I tell him?

Lemme guess. There is already a mod for that in Oblivion? I wouldn't know cuz i play on the Xbox. FYI, I am sooooo jealous of all you pc gamers.

I think he's actually referring to the speculation that you are Uriel Septim incarnate. Dragonborn and all.

If they do let you become king of skyrim at the end, I seriously hope they don't do it like Oblivion. "Congratulations! You're now the king! Now just stare at your tiny little bedroom you get as a reward and continue crawling around through caves while your trusted advisers do all the ruling for you."

Unfortunately that's going to happen. You won't see anything like Real Time Settler - New Wave in Skyrim where you get to lead, micro-manage, and have huge wars.

Well, obviously we won't be able to declare war, send out battalions or dramatically affect the economy all on the seat of our throne. But, at the very least, basic recognition, from ANYONE that you are the King of Skyrim would be nice. A few extra dialogue options for a choice number of NPCs at least.

This was a big issue in Oblivion. Once you got to the head of any faction, no-one except those who were actually in it cared at all.

ME: "I'm the head of the mages guild."

GUARD: "State your business, citizen"

ME: "That's it... Really?"

GUARD: "Have you heard about the Emperor's death?..."

ME: *sigh*

For me it was

Me: Archmage as you know.

Guard: "So you are the Arcane University's newest recruit? Welcome (Along the lines of that)

So on and so on.

Yeah, and then I talk to those other Mages at the Arcane University, what do they say?

"Hmm? Yes, I know you have something very urgent to say, but the Apprentices don't teach themselves, you know. Good day."

And I can't even expel those as****s for being rude to the Archmage. :dry:

When i become high king i want all women in the game begging for some attention and other things.

Exactly, people hardly bat an eye in Oblivion when you walk past, if you're gonna be High King in Skyrim, I think people would notice if you started walking through their town.

Hell, they already should once you become famous, considering you're Dragonborn.

so is it confirmed we will be able to be a king in skyrim?

Not at all, it might be in, we will see. If you remember right I think Todd said something special is after the Main Quest (But he's not talking about it. He loves to say that lol. Still I would rather get Spoilers aside, as this is not a spoiler only a hypothesis. Don't want to hear say the end of so and so quest.) and what that menu lead me to believe is you will become High King. I mean seriously who would fit it better than you? Since your the Dragonborn.