Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You're all sexiest. I'll kill her just as quick as any bandit, it's only fair lol.

What do you mean by Sexiest?

Sorry sexist lol. Proof reading is a valuable skill.

(Levels up in Proof Reading)

You've leveled up. You should rest and meditate on what you've learned.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Steam as well, but I knew months ago it was on Steam. Matt told me, well and Todd loves Steam. But still now the >2Gb option in the CFF Explorer has gone to waste. In other words if you have 12GB like me but Bethsoft won't allow a 64bit exe which they said already, now 12GB of RAM is going to be there for nothing. Now if I do get Open Cities for Skyrim it will lag a lot unless I get past the RAM limit. (I'm not saying Skyrim will be laggy at start I'm saying that once you get a lot of mods it will become laggy, that is depending on your computer. Still the RAM limit makes it harder for the FPS to be as good. I remember Todd saying that the RAM on the consoles has made open cities not possible but now it will be hard for PC users as well that want to get past Most of Steams RAM limitation.) Still I played G4WL Fallout 3. It was way less laggy than Steam's. Mainly because when I used CFF Explorer which increased my RAM usage on Fallout 3 and allowed for more mods. Plus FOSE automatically disables G4WL which results in better Steam. (Mods can as well.) Steam can't be disabled and it is annoying So Steam has many limitations many are not aware of. Still going to get Skyrim, Steam is not as friendly of a "platform" to mod as no DRM is of course. I knew Skyrim was Steam only months ago, but still this will not stop my love for Skyrim. Not canceling my CE Edition for this. :)

Wait, what? I thought that it was unconfirmed so far whether steam would be required or not? source please?

I hate Steam as well, but I knew months ago it was on Steam. Matt told me, well and Todd loves Steam. But still now the >2Gb option in the CFF Explorer has gone to waste. In other words if you have 12GB like me but Bethsoft won't allow a 64bit exe which they said already, now 12GB of RAM is going to be there for nothing. Now if I do get Open Cities for Skyrim it will lag a lot unless I get past the RAM limit. (I'm not saying Skyrim will be laggy at start I'm saying that once you get a lot of mods it will become laggy, that is depending on your computer. Still the RAM limit makes it harder for the FPS to be as good. I remember Todd saying that the RAM on the consoles has made open cities not possible but now it will be hard for PC users as well that want to get past Most of Steams RAM limitation.) Still I played G4WL Fallout 3. It was way less laggy than Steam's. Mainly because when I used CFF Explorer which increased my RAM usage on Fallout 3 and allowed for more mods. Plus FOSE automatically disables G4WL which results in better Steam. (Mods can as well.) Steam can't be disabled and it is annoying So Steam has many limitations many are not aware of. Still going to get Skyrim, Steam is not as friendly of a "platform" to mod as no DRM is of course. I knew Skyrim was Steam only months ago, but still this will not stop my love for Skyrim. Not canceling my CE Edition for this. :)

Wait, what? I thought that it was unconfirmed so far whether steam would be required or not? source please?

http://twitter.com/#!/ElderScrolls/status/103844894413557760

:/

Sigh, there goes my day one buy. Never bought New vegas because of steam, not sure if I am going to get skyrim now... Otherwise I will buy it a month or 2 after its release to at least show my dissapointment through the initial sales...

Better Steam than Games for Windows Live

The lesser of 2 evils, yes. On topic though, one of the previews posted by lv000 mentioned several times his dissapointment that the difference in texture resolutions was so big between the PC and console versions. And since all footage so far has only been for xbox, that should be good news for the PC users.

Sorry for spelling errors, I'm tired right now...

Edited by amycus

True. And while I'm a little annoyed that it has to be on Steam, I'm also thinking "good for Bethesda" because they deserve to not have their game pirated. That, and I haven't really had any problems with Steam. I just share a similar concern that many others have about its effects it may have on modding, or perhaps performance or some other unknown thing.

But I'm totally pushing my little brother to get Skryim too. He hated Morrowind and Oblivion (not his type of games, HATED the graphics and animation and I don't blame him, he's an animation major/designer but he's impressed with Skyrim) - but when he gets Skryim I'll get to see what he's been up to and see what he's accomplished in the game/how much he's played. :]

(Levels up in Proof Reading)

You've leveled up. You should rest and meditate on what you've learned.

Choose 3 skills you wish to level;

Proof reading+3

Smartass

Pointless information+3

Binge drinking+2

Dumassness

Forearm strength

:P

Man the info so far is a double edge sword... You get the great tidbits then you get stuff like Steam.......... Ah well I'm sure there will be walkarounds and cool mods to balance things toward the awesome factor.

Edited by SHIROryuu