Skyrim Information

Zaldir

One article actually mentions how the contextual finishing moves are executed. I've seen them in demos and whatnot, but I was unsure as to how they pop up (special button, interact button at right time, etc.). It seems like they're initiated with a power attack:

The coup de grace is a contextual finishing move - a charged-up sword blow translates into a grab and upward thrust into his midriff.

If this isn't news to anyone, my apologies; I haven't seen it posted before, though.

I think this adds even more to the cerebral nature of the combat: now you're going to want to weaken your enemy and wait for the right moment to charge up a power attack. Stabby goodness follows!

EDIT: Forgot the link!

Edited by Lowk

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One article actually mentions how the contextual finishing moves are executed. I've seen them in demos and whatnot, but I was unsure as to how they pop up (special button, interact button at right time, etc.). It seems like they're initiated with a power attack:

The coup de grace is a contextual finishing move - a charged-up sword blow translates into a grab and upward thrust into his midriff.

If this isn't news to anyone, my apologies; I haven't seen it posted before, though.

I think this adds even more to the cerebral nature of the combat: now you're going to want to weaken your enemy and wait for the right moment to charge up a power attack. Stabby goodness follows!

EDIT: Forgot the link!

Finishing moves executed by a power attack would be a great idea!

I really hope it's like that!

I sure hope the ones you can marry aren't ugly. If they are, well, you know what will happen, it will get modded. Not saying it won't anyways. Many have personal tastes too, so, yeah, it will still get modded.

Finishing moves executed by a power attack would be a great idea!

I really hope it's like that!

Me too! From what I've seen of the gameplay, it looks like that's how they've got it implemented right now.

In the gameplay footage from G4 when he's fighting a redguard bandit in a cave, you can clearly see he performs a power attack which quickly translates into a finishing move.

I would call that confirmed then!

Also I noticed that while dual wielding swords your one handed skill increases, not your two handed skill.

@SHIRO

They said that they won't release the quake con vid. (Probably because of the leak)

But Gstaff said that we will get more gameplay by the end of summer.

Edited by Iv000

@SHIRO

They said that they won't release the quake con vid. (Probably because of the leak)

I won't say anything unsavory, but yeah I know what I should do! lol

@Lowk

Big deal you have it. Shouldn't be a need for it. They should just release the HD version of it already. I have a feeling they wanted to cut it up and show only what they wanted instead of the whole thing.

Edited by SHIROryuu

But... Pete promised! :wallbash:

But... Pete promised! :wallbash:

Stupid leaker. The video has bad quality and it glitches. We need it. I want to hear "Jump in the water" in HD, lol.