Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Isn't it supposed to be that a vampire stays the same age he was when we was turned?Like a vampire who was turned at 80 years old would continue to look like an 80 year old.That seems to quite common, actually, in most vampire fiction.

The thing about fictional creatures is they're often redefined to meet the needs of the narrative or even just the author's aesthetic whims. For example, Bram Stoker's original Dracula could survive perfectly well in daylight.

I think most vampire fiction believes that Dracula is like the first vampire who can survive in daylight and defies other stuff that normal vampires will be weak to.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what they tried to do in Oblivion is give them more of a decrepit, terrifying appearance that instead made them look old to some (or most) people. I didn't mind it and have had 3-4 different vamp characters (one of which was an Argonian!). Typical D&D vampires can give the illusion of beauty until they decide to reveal their true, ugly faces. Those disturbing and terrifying vampires are the kind I like. As far as other various vamp lore goes, they typically make it where the vamps appearance remains the same as when they were first turned (preserved by dark magic?), rather than them for some reason looking younger. This isn't usual in popular modern vampire media (which sucks, it twists ones perception of what these originally scary creatures were) as far as I can tell, but I hope that changes. This is just my experience and view on vampire mythology, though.

Well I've always believe in the "seductive" vampires. Young, beautiful, captivating(well of course it would depend on the base lol) and blood thirsty. Refined and dignified after centuries of life.

There are so many liberties on the "vampire" race. It's not even funny.

This vampire talk reminds me that I need to watch Buffy in a few hours. It's soooo cheesy, but I love it. Plus, their vamps are boss.

As far as Dracula goes, there may be modern writers that have tried to explain the difference between Dracula and modern vampire literature, but Stoker himself had never officially said any such thing (I would like to hear a conversation between him and a modern writer on the topic), so it's all in the context of what the writer wants it to be. If they explain him as being special, then to them, that explains it.

I'm glad that they're in the game, though. Dungeon exploring always got exciting when I ran into bunches of vamps. I'll have to mod werebeasts into it I guess.

Edited by AltreU

This vampire talk reminds me that I need to watch Buffy in a few hours. It's soooo cheesy, but I love it. Plus, their vamps are boss.

As far as Dracula goes, there may be modern writers that have tried to explain the difference between Dracula and modern vampire literature, but Stoker himself had never officially said any such thing (I would like to hear a conversation between him and a modern writer on the topic), so it's all in the context of what the writer wants it to be. If they explain him as being special, then to them, that explains it.

I'm glad that they're in the game, though. Dungeon exploring always got exciting when I ran into bunches of vamps. I'll have to mod werebeasts into it I guess.

The two common things that are vampire lore always. Drinking blood, and living forever.(without being killed obviously) Everything else, from method of birth to method of death, are all changed with each fictional adaptation of the species.

wow shiroryuu, you finally got a signature. it's nice. i love paladins... i use to play age of empires all the time and played with paladins as franks, when i dominated the known world.

ign says PS3 and PC will get skyrim DLC 30 days after 360 does

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1190880p1.html

lame

hopefully ign is wrong and it doesnt affect PCs just PS3

It's true, it's also on Bethblog.

That's a bit unfair, the only thing that can make Skyrim better is more Skyrim.

But 30 days isn't a lot really.

PAX Dragon here:

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG_7719.jpg

Edited by Iv000