Skyrim Information

Zaldir

The HD-version is interesting because it will reveal a lot more detail in the graphics and lightning. Eventhough it's from the console-version (Probably), I MUST SEE EVERY PIXEL OF IT :kiss:

But who knows if this demo was created/edited specially for Quakecon/PAX/whatever. When they demonstrated Oblivion it was a lot from places and events that never happened in the final game. But they left a lot of "junk"-files in the release-version from testing and demonstrations that could be accessed via console or the editor later on :D Eventhough I think it's kinda sloppy to leave it like that, I still hope they do this time as well. It's always fun to look through :P

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's 2 months from release. There's only so much they can change about the game between then and now; They showed off their plans for Oblivion much earlier in the game's development. Plus, hopefully they've learned their lesson about doing that kind of crap.

So does anyone know what mechanic they use for encouraging mages to forgo the use of armor?I still haven't seen anything like a "Spell Effectiveness" system, and I'm getting a little worried that robes are just in for decoration.

So does anyone know what mechanic they use for encouraging mages to forgo the use of armor?I still haven't seen anything like a "Spell Effectiveness" system, and I'm getting a little worried that robes are just in for decoration.

Well, you are faster when you don't have any armor on.

Besides that, robes are just for decoration. As always.

I hope my mage doesnt have to run around in leather or heavy armor all the time, would be nice to see a bunch of different robes and cloth armor that still give protection!

Well, you are faster when you don't have any armor on.

Besides that, robes are just for decoration. As always.

"As always"?In Oblivion wearing armor you weren't skilled in would reduce your spell effectiveness by quite a bit.It might not have been a huge penalty, but it was enough to encourage pure mages not to wear armor.And movement speed isn't going to affect a mage who can cast paralyze spells, use frost to slow enemies down, and summon monsters to distract the enemy.Magic is stronger this time around as well, according to the people who played Skyrim at PAX, so if you could cast magic with full effectiveness and wear heavy armor, it would be overpowered.

DCDeacon Pete Hines

RT @Bethblog: Today 4:30PM ET on an all-new #Xplay we get EXCLUSIVE @ElderScrolls 5: Skyrim news directly from @Bethblog's Todd Howard.

SHOULD BE GOOD :thumbsup:

@Corakus

Oh, I totally forgot about the armor penalties that were in Oblivion. (Haven't played Oblivion in quite a while.)

I hope they are in, otherwise mages would be over powered, especially since magic is a lot more powerful then it was.

I hope we get some kind of special armor for mages that isn't as strong as other armors, but doesn't reduce spell effectiveness. (I wonder what happens when you upgrade your robes via smithing? (If you can))

Edited by Iv000