Skyrim Information

Zaldir

This game is becoming A LOT like Fable... Not that that's a bad thing :D

its true .. Ive been replaying fable2 and 3 just to pass the time waiting for skyrim .. and I'm noticing a tone of things that Skyrim is taking from the games .. fable 2's 3D menu system .. fable 3's 3D map .. friendship quests for NPCs .. Jobs .. marriage to NPCs .. just today we found out you can kill someone and take their house .. that shows the house system works more like fable where any house you can own .. all in all they are taking good things from fable.

Yeah, and all those things were first introduced in Fable, and were NEVER ever used by any other game before them. :rolleyes:

I hear the sarcasm .. but point me to the games using those features in the manner that fable ans skyrim are using them please .. they sound like good games .. of couse Ive seen games let you marry NPCs but they are normally pre defined .. Ive seen games use friendship quests but once again .. they are normally pre defined.

Oh, I never said not pre-defined. It's still the same feature, just with some tweaks.

Lots of games have 3D menu systems, not so many got 3D maps. Killing someone and takes their house - Last time I checked, you could do that in Morrowind...

Don't exactly know what you mean about Friendship quests though, as in TES, people you do quests for have always liked you better afterwards...

But my point is that they are not "taking" anything from Fable. Marriage is not something Fable invented, 3D menu systems is not something Fable invented, 3D maps is not something Fable invented. All these features are things that are in all developers minds when they make a game, but not always prioritized.

And about that in bold there: "...in the manner that Fable and Skyrim are using them..." - Fable and Skyrim aren't using them in the same manner. :P

Edited by Zaldiir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is becoming A LOT like Fable... Not that that's a bad thing :D

its true .. Ive been replaying fable2 and 3 just to pass the time waiting for skyrim .. and I'm noticing a tone of things that Skyrim is taking from the games .. fable 2's 3D menu system .. fable 3's 3D map .. friendship quests for NPCs .. Jobs .. marriage to NPCs .. just today we found out you can kill someone and take their house .. that shows the house system works more like fable where any house you can own .. all in all they are taking good things from fable.

Yeah, and all those things were first introduced in Fable, and were NEVER ever used by any other game before them. :rolleyes:

I hear the sarcasm .. but point me to the games using those features in the manner that fable ans skyrim are using them please .. they sound like good games .. of couse Ive seen games let you marry NPCs but they are normally pre defined .. Ive seen games use friendship quests but once again .. they are normally pre defined.

Oh, I never said not pre-defined. It's still the same feature, just with some tweaks.

Lots of games have 3D menu systems, not so many got 3D maps. Killing someone and takes their house - Last time I checked, you could do that in Morrowind...

Don't exactly know what you mean about Friendship quests though, as in TES, people you do quests for have always liked you better afterwards...

But my point is that they are not "taking" anything from Fable. Marriage is not something Fable invented, 3D menu systems is not something Fable invented, 3D maps is not something Fable invented. All these features are things that are in all developers minds when they make a game, but not always prioritized.

And about that in bold there: "...in the manner that Fable and Skyrim are using them..." - Fable and Skyrim aren't using them in the same manner. :P

they are though .. in fable 3 if you want to make someone like you to get better deals on items of drag them along on quests you had to do a quest for them .. this could be used on any NPC .. Skyrim is doing the exact same thing .. and sure people liked you more after doing quests for them in the other TES games but thats not the same thing .. this is replacing the minigame wheel with a small fetch quest or whatever... Ive never seen any games use the means of befriending NPCs besides fable and Skyrim... also .. Ive never seen games with 3D maps or 3D inventories than let you rotate the items and zoom in.. these are good things btw ^_^ .. but give a little credit to fable .. its easy to bash the fable games for what they do wrong .. but to many people are not willing to give them credit for their original ideas and what they do right.

they are though .. in fable 3 if you want to make someone like you to get better deals on items of drag them along on quests you had to do a quest for them .. this could be used on any NPC .. Skyrim is doing the exact same thing .. and sure people liked you more after doing quests for them in the other TES games but thats not the same thing .. this is replacing the minigame wheel with a small fetch quest or whatever... Ive never seen any games use the means of befriending NPCs besides fable and Skyrim... also .. Ive never seen games with 3D maps or 3D inventories than let you rotate the items and zoom in.. these are good things btw ^_^ .. but give a little credit to fable .. its easy to bash the fable games for what they do wrong .. but to many people are not willing to give them credit for their original ideas and what they do right.

Oh, believe me, I like(d) Fable, then the second came, and I thought that it was alright, then the third came, and I... well.. nope. :P

But yes, they do a few things right, like using 3D maps and inventories. I will not, however, say that their marriage system was anything to brag about...^^

And Fable didn't exactly "replace" the minigame with quests for befriending people. They still have that silly fart/dance/burp thing to make people like or hate you more.

BUT, let's draw a line on the subject for this thread at least. ;)

Edited by Zaldiir

PC specs will be released in the next two weeks -source

I don't know why it's taking so long, a lot of people want to know if they need to upgrade their PC. (Not one of them btw ;) )

Shouldn't be much different then Fallout 3 anyway.

Edited by Iv000

Ok so I read that if u kill some one u can take there house. That got me thinking say you go to riften or w/e a nice town and you see a noble and his beautiful rich wife, so you follow the noble and when your all alone and no one is around you show him how sharp your blade is by sliding

It across his throat. I wonder can you then court his widowed wife marry her and then become rich? Hmmm food for thought.

PC specs will be released in the next two weeks -source

I don't know why it's taking so long, a lot of people want to know if they need to upgrade their PC. (Not one of them btw ;) )

Shouldn't be much different then Fallout 3 anyway.

I don't understand why they just don't spill the beans now. Why keep it so secretly when it's dawning so close. A lot of people will have to wait for their orders, wait for computer guys to install and all. What's stopping them from telling us now? Sometimes it feels like they want the tense atmosphere and enjoy the fact that we crave for news which they actually can release.