Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to go off topic but judging from what I'm reading about RAGE I'm wondering if Bethesda did really learn from its errors.

I see that most of the PC player are experiencing A LOT of different bugs / random crash / stuttering and other different issues even after the first update and the drivers hotfix for both ATI and NVIDIA GPUs.

My only concern is that Skyrim will be as buggy as RAGE when released.

What do you think? :confused:

RAGE was published by Bethesda, not developed. ID Software was responsible for that.

I doubt we need to worry about PC stability, Bethesda know their stuff, and The Elder Scrolls series is their lovechild.

Edited by Adrius2

Has it been confirmed what city this EPIC PLACE is yet? There looks to be a sea horizon in the background, so I guess it's located in the northern parts of Skyrim. I'm guessing Windhelm, as Solitude is supposed to be more arctic if I recall correctly?

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u96/Da__Tobb/vlcsnap-2011-10-16-00h25m40s4.png

Also, anyone have any idea of what castle it might be on that mountain just behind Whiterun? It doesnt seem to be located on any maps I've seen, so I'm guessing it's not a city, eventhough I do get a cosy Bruma-vibe from it :D Another stronghold occupied by the Blades perhaps? :teehee: The mountain is probably "Throat of the world", but I think the castle is too far down to be part of High Hrothgar. At least I imagined the Greybeards to live much closer to the top of the mountain.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u96/Da__Tobb/vlcsnap-2011-10-16-00h58m42s156.png

I don't want to go off topic but judging from what I'm reading about RAGE I'm wondering if Bethesda did really learn from its errors.

I see that most of the PC player are experiencing A LOT of different bugs / random crash / stuttering and other different issues even after the first update and the drivers hotfix for both ATI and NVIDIA GPUs.

My only concern is that Skyrim will be as buggy as RAGE when released.

What do you think? :confused:

As was stated already Rage was not made by Bethesda .. But more importantly .. you better expect bugs cause your getting a bunch of them .. there is no way around it .. The more freedom a game gives you the buggier it is .. Ive played so many games of every genre you cant imagine and its been consitant that the more freedom a game has and more open ended it is the more buggy it is .. Skyrim and TES are the definition of freedom games and also the buggies games made today .. If your expecting this to be bug free your in for some hurt .. but I think most fans have learned that those bugs are part of playing these types of games .. the only game I can think of that is still around today with as more bugs than TES is secondlife .. which is the buggiest pos on earth .. but its also extremely free .. if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen and if you cant take the bugs get out of tamriel.

Edited by jedimembrain

I actually didn't experience that many bugs with Oblivion.The only bugs I experienced off the top of my head are the glitchy animations, the dorian cheat, the undroppable items, and Mercator keep telling me to come back after a day even though I waited over 3 days.And the vampire face bug, that's about it really.

I didn't experience many bugs either, sure there were some annoying instances of dropped weapons from recently deceased bandits falling through the ground,and the occasional animation glitch...and the funny incident where the vampire Count Hassildor went out into the sun to speak to my character, he was all red and smoky - he looked like he had drank a gallon of Tabasco sauce.;D Edited by shadow_scale9180

That's Solitude Mr. Bravo in the first screen, Solitude is built on a landbridge, which is one of it's most defining features.And Solitude is north of the Marshlands, so it's not snowy, despite how far north it is.

Top-down view of Solitude.

http://i.imgur.com/J4Qll.jpg

Proof that it's solitude from a leak of the official pre-order map.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/10/skyrimmap.jpg

It does seem to have snow in areas around it though, not sure why.

Edited by Corakus