Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Check this out.

We witnessed a murder in a town square, where a lady called Margret was viciously stabbed to death before our very eyes.

Thanks! Good read. This was my favorite news:

We were happy to see that the “over-encumbered” message was gone, replaced with “You are carrying too much to be able to run,” which, crucially, still allows you to move, only very slowly. Very… very slowly.

I don't care how slow it is; no more being glued to the floor when over-encumbered! :thumbsup:

The one got me really excited was at the end where he apparently used rooftops to get away from the guards. I know this isn't Assassin's Creed, but I've always wanted to be able to easily jump across rooftops in the Imperial City xD

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some news regarding the new Creation Kit.

One of Skyrim's programmers (SmkViper) said:

"If you're used to modding Fallout 3 or Oblivion, then you should be able to acclimate to the CK without too much trouble (some things, like scripting, changing more then others). If you haven't modded either of the above before, then it will take some effort to learn. But start small, get some cool stuff in the game, and you'll get addicted! (And legions of fans to worship at your feet... or so I've been told)"

Source, near the bottom: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1242373-is-modding-difficult/page__st__20

Basically, those of us who know how to use Oblivion's Construction Set or Fallout's GECK will easily adapt to Skyrim's Creation Kit.

We can expect tons of mods in the first week. :biggrin:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!! That means I don't have to learn a completely different program like I was expecting. :biggrin: Theoretically at least, if I don't like something in the first couple days I should be able to change it myself without too much trouble. Hmmmmmm, anyone want to place bets as to when the first Skyrim Mod gets posted on here?

Some news regarding the new Creation Kit.

One of Skyrim's programmers (SmkViper) said:

"If you're used to modding Fallout 3 or Oblivion, then you should be able to acclimate to the CK without too much trouble (some things, like scripting, changing more then others). If you haven't modded either of the above before, then it will take some effort to learn. But start small, get some cool stuff in the game, and you'll get addicted! (And legions of fans to worship at your feet... or so I've been told)"

Source, near the bottom: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1242373-is-modding-difficult/page__st__20

Basically, those of us who know how to use Oblivion's Construction Set or Fallout's GECK will easily adapt to Skyrim's Creation Kit.

We can expect tons of mods in the first week. :biggrin:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!! That means I don't have to learn a completely different program like I was expecting. :biggrin: Theoretically at least, if I don't like something in the first couple days I should be able to change it myself without too much trouble. Hmmmmmm, anyone want to place bets as to when the first Skyrim Mod gets posted on here?

I say give it about an hour from release XD

Yeah, they realized the PC version was too buggy, so they canceled it. They also said something about the modding community ruining it for them, so they didn't want to support it. :rolleyes:

I heard that Bethesda are trying to develop Skyrim for the Wii as well, since it showed more spirit than the PC. They roasted the PC version and tried to make a creation kit for the Wii as well, which they say is pretty neat.

I also heard that dophins, rainbows underwater and pink rocks are in. Exclusive for the Wii edition, of course.