Skyrim Information

Zaldir

If I may... arguements based on 50-100 citizens crapping up computers are not valid in full...

it's perfectly reasonable to include MUCH more than was present in oblivion and simply have their schedules not jump into eachother so much.

Not really .. it becomes more unreasonable right there .. its a lot of work going in and detailing them like that so they dont all end up outside clogging the framerate at once .. as well as making them decently detailed .. I loved how every NPC in oblivion had at least one personal thing to say that no other NPC said (outside of guards of course) .. Besides .. This game clearly has more NPCs imo .. I'm rewatching the video now and seeing crowds as large as 10 people walking around as the cam moves along .. and thats just in one area of a city .. I bet there are other crowds in other parts .. bars .. shops .. so on .. But you really cant have a realistic amount of NPC in a city without quality dropping .. wether thats graphic quality .. or voice acting .. of character detail.

Edited by jedimembrain

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not such a bad thing about there not being that many people, right? i mean oblivion was fine.... and if it really is that bad, the modders can take care of that :) the only downside is that it will be aimed at people who can run it and also, unless new (good) voice acting will be made they will not be unique (and in turn make the original NPC owner of the voice acting not unique). An easy thing that can be done is adding people that have jobs to do and that aren't meant to talk at all like some guy cleaning the place?

Sorry but what 11 min video I missed it I thinK

http://www.g4tv.com/...iew/?quality=hd

that one

Think that's mostly PC footage? Was looking pretty damn impressive. But most of what we've seen has been 360 footage/screens, which are very impressive in themselves. Can anyone confirm what platform that footage was taken on? My money's on PC, but I'd love to be wrong in this case. :D

Sorry but what 11 min video I missed it I thinK

http://www.g4tv.com/...iew/?quality=hd

that one

Think that's mostly PC footage? Was looking pretty damn impressive. But most of what we've seen has been 360 footage/screens, which are very impressive in themselves. Can anyone confirm what platform that footage was taken on? My money's on PC, but I'd love to be wrong in this case. :D

I can't "confirm" but Ive seen PC screenshots and the shadows aren't that blocky .. I'm pretty sure this is all from the 360.. plus look how blurry the textures are.. there is a lot of great art design here and some nice shadow play .. but nothing that would make me think its PC... besides .. look at the vsync and aliasing .. its obvious really.

Edited by jedimembrain

I can't "confirm" but Ive seen PC screenshots and the shadows aren't that blocky .. I'm pretty sure this is all from the 360.. plus look how blurry the textures are.. there is a lot of great art design here and some nice shadow play .. but nothing that would make me think its PC... besides .. look at the vsync and aliasing .. its obvious really.

And according to Pete, the pc can't go lower than the console... So, beautiful even on low. And it's only up from there, for PC :)

@daventry .. shut it :dry:

@braveheart101 .. ooold new my friend .. it has its pros and cons .. its sad but it could lead to a massive amount of armor .. and after seeing that last gameplay footage I'm pretty sure it did :thumbsup: