Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a slight concern and I don't know if it's been answered somewhere else.

Although we can't block while dual weilding two weapons, can we block while dual weilding a spell and a weapon?

It does seem so. You can see it being done in a few of the play through videos.

Edited by stars2heaven

I remember seeing in the video that perks had a "tree" structure so maybe they will need other perks to be selected. But no one said anything like that.

Yeah that's what I think of when I see a tree layout also, typically you need to pick the lower parts of the tree in order to select higher branches above it.

Was hoping they were just throwing the term 'tree' loosely in there, and as shape seems to be linked to the constellation shape, it became difficult to tell if they are arranged that way aesthetically or to indicate prerequisites requirements.

The only info I found is in this interview

It says the following:

Will the reducing the attributes make it easier to combine, for example, sword fighting with magic? Is it easier to be a hybrid?

- It's up to you! You will start out with equal points, but to upgrade the various skills via the new system, you need to have a certain number of points in the skill. If you want the most awesome perks, you need to invest in that skill. What our system does first and foremost is let you change your mind.

AND

- If do you get perks by increasing the skills or by going up in level?

- It's by increasing skills. You invest points in them, and given the opportunity to select various special attacks and such things. It is basically like a regular perk tree, just that there are certain requirements before you can unlock various perks. What they typically do, so you can see if there is a special attack you like, before deciding whether to use the sword more often to unlock it.

First its said "to upgrade the various skills via the new system, you need to have a certain number of points in the skill"

And then to make it more vague it's stated " certain requirements before you can unlock various perks"

No real definitive answer there unless you take the term 'tree' for what it normally means in this instance.

Seems like if it is with a prerequisite perk requirements then were going to run out of perks pretty quick as some will just be possibly thrown in to gain access to certain ones. if there are 280 perks as stated, then we will have to be quite selective on there use, which I guess is a good thing. Pointless if you could eventually get them all.

Get your Skyrim Xbox Avatar Items now! (...For those interested^^)

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/skyrim_avatar_bg02.jpg

Dragonborn Armor – 400 Microsoft Points

Dragon Bone Armor – 400 Microsoft Points

Mage Robe – 320 Microsoft Points

Dark Brotherhood Armor – 400 Microsoft Points

Dragon Bone Helm – 240 Microsoft Points

Dragon Prop – 240 Microsoft Points

Elder Scroll Prop – 240 Microsoft Points

Magelight Prop – 240 Microsoft Points

Stormcloak Helm – 240 Microsoft Points

Edited by Zaldiir