Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I read some time ago that there was some facet of how Steam is being implemented that won't interfere with the script extender or modding in general. I hope that's the case for when I can get the PC version.

Hammons, sry kinda drunk att a con but arnt u worried about steam version interfering with mod capabilitliy or skyrim script extender??

I think you are confusing Steam with Direct2Drive. I'm not worried at all...mainly because I installed Steam outside of the "Program Files" folder and thus avoid UAC problems as well.

LHammonds

a: not much for the cost. other spells are much better at that.

b: but it often doesn't, enemies can ignore your summon.

c: see a & b, which is the same benefit, it ended up a mere distraction.

d: what? conjuration was good for running away.

individual experiences may vary? lol

seriously, i never had any said issues. 'sometimes' they'd choose to target me, but if i am gonna go and melee them then of course thats gonna happen- otherwise its my pet that gets attacked.

I'd always get conjuration because of the ease and effectiveness- go to a spellmaking alter and have long lasting summons as well

the only issue i ever had was low skill lvl use of it... which is expected at low skill lvls >.>

the bound stuff was awful in my experience... but that was it

btw, gonna go conjuration for Skyrim? It'll be my main skill as always. It looks both effective and a fun skill to boot!

This will be the 1st time I get a game direct from Steam. Do they let you download the game a day in advance of the release date or is the

"Available: November 10, 2011"

a typo on the sales page?

It's not a typo if you live somewhere other then the East coast of the US. The US release time is 12:01 AM EST, so if you live in California, you'll get the game at 9:01 PM on the 10th. This is of course only if you get it from Steam since I don't think retail stores will give you the game on the 10th.

I don't think it will be like that, because it would bog down the servers too much. I'm thinking it's more like you install from the disc, but have to contact steam for the last few files or just to unlock them.

This has probably been answered somewhere but will Skyrim be one of those games where you buy the disc and all it contains is a Steam client to download the game with?

I always buy discs,i like it when i have something in my hands.

This has probably been answered somewhere but will Skyrim be one of those games where you buy the disc and all it contains is a Steam client to download the game with?

I guess so since that's the way Steam works (discussion here), but it's been suggested here that you can actually force the installation from the DVD.

I guess so since that's the way Steam works (discussion here), but it's been suggested here that you can actually force the installation from the DVD.

No, it will have all the files for the game. I don't think it would include Steam, since it can just be downloaded...but I can't be sure. I've never played a game that can be physically bought and installed but requires Steam..