Skyrim Information

Zaldir

can someone please post the links to the info, i read the info here, but i prefer reading it first hand, it would be really nice :P

You should check the first page then, first post contains most of the latest information, if not all.

Edited by Pushkatu

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone please post the links to the info, i read the info here, but i prefer reading it first hand, it would be really nice :P

You should check the first page then, first post contains most of the latest information, if not all.

Ya i know, hes got all the info, but i like to read all the devs have to give us XD

Can someone tell me all the info that is known on the begining of the story (does our character know who the last blade is or does he randomly save him)

Edited by Amras0808

The eight attribute categories from the previous Elder Scrolls game, Oblivion, have been cut out. Now you only have to worry about your Magicka to cast spells, Health for your hit points, and Stamina, which serves as a limiting factor when pulling off axe slashes and mace bashes in combat.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I agree with this design decision. :confused:

Streamlining things is nice if done in moderation, but to me this looks like they've simplified things a bit too much.

I too, feel this way.Todd says that "You have the same amount of possibilities because you still have Magicka instead of Intelligence and Health instead of Endurance" but what about other factors?What decides how much you get staggered, or how fast your magicka regens?Does your magicak regen at the same rate no matter what?Does every NPC move at the same speed in the world?And what decides how much weight you carry?It all gets more and more depressing the more I think about it.

I am also worried. Doing it this way means that all those values ( magicka regen, max carry weight, resistances (physical, magic, poison...), spell power, etc) will have to be regulated by traits instead. That is, if they can be custumized at all. Too me, this sounds like the worst news yet. Either this change lets us spend all the traits on things attribute points used to do, or it means that they drastically reduced the amount of character builds by not letting us change those values at all.

If my higly educated elf's schorching fireball does as much damage as Joe Swordarm's does than I will be really dissapointed. If I have to spend lots of trait point to change it, then that might be just as dissapoiting.

Hm... Maybe races will still have their own traits to determine what kinds of boosts you get?

EDIT:

And there's a chance the acrobatics/athletics skill will let you jump and run higher and faster.

And the spells, I'm sure the magic skills will play a part as well, considering a guy who favors hack'n'slash won't be able to cast a master-leveled fireball.

Edited by InuyashaFE

Ya i know, hes got all the info, but i like to read all the devs have to give us XD

Can someone tell me all the info that is known on the begining of the story (does our character know who the last blade is or does he randomly save him)

The bottom of the OP, there you'll find all the sources. The 14 or so last ones are the new articles. :)

Hey Zaldiir, does it say who else is doing the voice acting? I can't seem to find that part.

It just says there's a few more, but not who.

I am also worried. Doing it this way means that all those values ( magicka regen, max carry weight, resistances (physical, magic, poison...), spell power, etc) will have to be regulated by traits instead. That is, if they can be custumized at all. Too me, this sounds like the worst news yet. Either this change lets us spend all the traits on things attribute points used to do, or it means that they drastically reduced the amount of character builds by not letting us change those values at all.

If my higly educated elf's schorching fireball does as much damage as Joe Swordarm's does than I will be really dissapointed. If I have to spend lots of trait point to change it, then that might be just as dissapoiting.

You can choose perks which will affect all the things attributes affected (+ more), and fireball damage will still be governed by Destruction, just like before. :)

Hm... Maybe races will still have their own traits to determine what kinds of boosts you get?

EDIT:

And there's a chance the acrobatics/athletics skill will let you jump and run higher and faster.

And the spells, I'm sure the magic skills will play a part as well, considering a guy who favors hack'n'slash won't be able to cast a master-leveled fireball.

Acrobatics/Athletics is out. The reason for this is because they are both skills that affect everyone, no matter what type of character they play - thus they are a little redundant. Well, apart from people who roleplay, but hey, roleplaying games aren't for roleplaying!

But more seriously, I agree with Todd on the removal of those skills, as I chose those skills just because I didn't want to run slow or jump low, and they were just skills that "were there", and not skills that I cared much about. And they also make leveling too easy, as those are used all the time, and the skill in them increases all the time.

And I guess it's the same as before, with racial traits governing some stuff in the beginning.

This was on Eurogamer:

The door slowly opens and you go up another tumbledown stone staircase, through a cave - startled by floods of bats - and into a beautiful cavern where shafts of light and bustling waterfalls surround an altar, of sorts, where some ancient writing is illuminated.

Bats confirmed?

Acrobatics/Athletics is out.

What?! When did this happen?! You're joking, right? THAT'S NOT FUNNY! :wallbash:

Seriously, though, I hope that doesn't mean we all run at the same speed, at the very least, let the races have a difference in speed!

Perks affect Running/Swimming speed and Jumping height, and I think Racial Traits does this as well. (Khajiits runs faster, Argonians swims faster, etc.) - If racial traits don't, I'll make a mod for it the instant I find out! :P

This was on Eurogamer:

The door slowly opens and you go up another tumbledown stone staircase, through a cave - startled by floods of bats - and into a beautiful cavern where shafts of light and bustling waterfalls surround an altar, of sorts, where some ancient writing is illuminated.

Bats confirmed?

I think that is bats as an environmental effect or something - just a bunch of bats flying past you. :)

Acrobatics/Athletics is out.

What?! When did this happen?! You're joking, right? THAT'S NOT FUNNY! :wallbash:

Seriously, though, I hope that doesn't mean we all run at the same speed, at the very least, let the races have a difference in speed!

Perks affect Running/Swimming speed and Jumping height, and I think Racial Traits does this as well. (Khajiits runs faster, Argonians swims faster, etc.) - If racial traits don't, I'll make a mod for it the instant I find out! :P

This was on Eurogamer:

Bats confirmed?

I think that is bats as an environmental effect or something - just a bunch of bats flying past you. :)

All the perks belong to a specific skill, so how would the perks affect movement speed and jump if there isn't any athletics or acrobatics skill or a similar skill?And I wasn't implying that the bats were a type of enemy that you could fight, I was just saying that they're probably in the game.Here's the link since I forgot to add it: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-18-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-preview?page=4