Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Acrobatics/Athletics is out.

What?! When did this happen?! You're joking, right? THAT'S NOT FUNNY! :wallbash:

Seriously, though, I hope that doesn't mean we all run at the same speed, at the very least, let the races have a difference in speed!

I'll tell you what that does do...if you can't increase your speed somehow, it means horses will be a necessity - unless you want to play Morrowind style, of course. :wink:

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know - I was just speculating about the bats... They may be enemies, but I think they are an effect. :)

All perks belong to a archetype, and not skill I believe they said. As the perks are chosen in the stars, where the three birthsigns are shown (Mage, Warrior, Thief).

This lets them add more interesting perks, as they are not bound to the specific skills. And you know, a perk is confirmed that makes your footstep sound lighter.

Yeah, I know - I was just speculating about the bats... They may be enemies, but I think they are an effect. :)

All perks belong to a archetype, and not skill I believe they said. As the perks are chosen in the stars, where the three birthsigns are shown (Mage, Warrior, Thief).

This lets them add more interesting perks, as they are not bound to the specific skills. And you know, a perk is confirmed that makes your footstep sound lighter.

A perk like that would be under sneak, and I remember Todd specifically saying in a podcast on Game Informer that there are perk trees under the skills.(Forget the Link)

“There’s a two-handed weapon skill, there’s a one-handed weapon-skill, there’s an archery skill… Because those really are play styles: I’m going to use a one-handed weapon and then either cast magic with my other hand or use a shield, or i’m going to use a two-handed weapon where it’s going to fill both those slots.

“When people hear there are perks…Well there are perks, but they’re not like Fallout, in that each skill has its own perk tree. So take one handed for instance. The idea is, you have a one-handed skill, and then you can perk that – there’s like a skill tree underneath one-handed, and within that there are separate perk areas for maces and then axes and then swords. So opposed to having, say, an axe skill, that is a part of the perk tree within one-handed.

“We think that… gives us a better balance. You can start like ‘I like one-handed stuff’ and then you start specializing as you raise that skill. Within each of those trees there are different weapon types that you can then get better at… Without saying what they all are, so they actually have a gameplay difference”

That might only be for weapons or attacks skills though.I don't think there's enough info to tell if it works the same for all skills, unless there's some info I missed somewhere.And I would think the bats would be ambient, similar to the birds, but for dungeons.

What?! When did this happen?! You're joking, right? THAT'S NOT FUNNY! :wallbash:

Seriously, though, I hope that doesn't mean we all run at the same speed, at the very least, let the races have a difference in speed!

I'll tell you what that does do...if you can't increase your speed somehow, it means horses will be a necessity - unless you want to play Morrowind style, of course. :wink:

That's a good point.

If that's the case, there had better be dragon mounts, vanilla or modded. :verymad:

That's a good point.

If that's the case, there had better be dragon mounts, vanilla or modded. :verymad:

Oh, I'm almost positive they'll be modded. :thumbsup:

i'm excited about the map of skyrim being in 3-D, having the option to zoom in and out. I think that's awesome. and only the axe is related to the bleeding perk i believe i heard Tod Howard Say earlier

The last major change is the initial character creation system, which has also been simplified. With the removal of primary and secondary skills, as well as attributes, you only have two choices to make at the very beginning of the game: the sex of your character and their race. The sex won't make a huge impact on the game, but the 10 races each have their own starting perks (just as they did in "Oblivion"). Other decisions, like Birth Sign, have been removed, so players needn't worry about making a game-ruining decision within the first hour.

Howard switches to third-person to not only show off his character but more importantly to show off the game’s new Havok-based character animation system, which is instantly affecting as you see the character’s arm and neck muscles pulse realistically as he strolls with a rugged sense of purpose. The improvements made to the character movements and animations aren’t just cosmetic either.

AMAZING..your thoughts?