Just Got EVE Tips for a Newbie

Azrael120782

Caldari Cruiser skillbook should be sold in every region, minus 0.0 space and think its deviod armor sector far SE in empire since it has no school stations. If your caldari and wanting to do combat I would aim for the Drake ASAP, its over powered for lower lvl skill point charactors in missions, pretty descent in pvp to once you have you skills up to in certain situations.

If your going Mining stick with Osprey and then maybe get a low lvl barge.

In eve Bigger is definately not always better, theres to many variables and most descent fit destroyers will tear AF's a new one (well mainly the thrasher(minmater race)).

Im at Lidoken lll and they come up as none in region

And can I train for my barge ship,Badger on my account> I got the game at walmart so i was wondering if its considered a "trial acount"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats in lonetrek and theres plenty,

Try autama V - state of war academy seems to be the closest, or just search for "caldari cruiser" in the market search.

I found it and bought both of the things i need.Right now Im jumping back to to return mining until I can reafford buying an Osprey

Hmm I hope I can mount my small turrets for now,Id hate to have to go out and spend a ton of cash on all new arms for the Osprey.

When Im done training for my badger Ill mine with that and boy is that gonna be slow lol

EDIT:Oh lord..the Badger is slower than molasses brewing..this is gonna take a bit to get my gear to the current mining hotspot..

Edited by Azrael120782

I had my first rude awakening:D

I was taking one of my Coros to go get some supplies,and i was in .5 space and I warped in and BAM I got creamed with a heavy pulse laser.

Apparently somone was camping the school.I made a not to avoid the area

Well so you know, the one involved was stone cold moronic.

A common mistake people make is that lowsec starts at .5

It doesnt.

It starts at .4

A LOT of idiots die because they think they're in lowsec, camp some helpless miner, and feel like a bqadass, and are insatnly shot in the back by concord.

Rest assured, Concord avenged you.

Well so you know, the one involved was stone cold moronic.

A common mistake people make is that lowsec starts at .5

It doesnt.

It starts at .4

A LOT of idiots die because they think they're in lowsec, camp some helpless miner, and feel like a bqadass, and are insatnly shot in the back by concord.

Rest assured, Concord avenged you.

Im pretty sure these group coulda handled them,they had BIG ships and there were piles of wreckage from them><

Oh well live and learn:D

After doing some research and snooping,I was killed by a group of the War Dogs.Im not really sure what they were doing,cause ive heard they camp in the null and lower sec space

Edited by Azrael120782

Concord are unkillable.

As a matter of fact if the War Dogs are able to escape concord, that's a bannable offence.

In .5 or higher sec, Concord is literaly unescapable under any and all situations, escaping them is considered cheating and results in an instant ban, likewise killing them. It's possible these guys were trying to lure out a Concord response to test their mettle against, but it's unlikely they would have lasted long, literaly nothing in EVE hits harder than Concord when they're riled.

Finaly got my cruiser today, it's been tough re creating my account, but I should be back in the ships I like within a few days. Starting from scratch sucks.

One thing I can recomend if you like mining is Astrogeology, it's one of those skills that just generaly makes things easier.

Astrogeology adds a nice haerty bonus onto all ore yields, fully trained up the ore yield bonus is absolutely fantastic, Refining would also be something you'll want to train ASAP.

When you're bringing in very large loads, refining V can add about 10% more value per load, give or take depending on ore types.

Veld becomes a very useful option with refining V.

Secondly how are you finding the new avatar system? messed mine up a bit but on the whole I had no idea CCP had this in them.

One thing I can recomend if you like mining is Astrogeology, it's one of those skills that just generaly makes things easier.

Astrogeology adds a nice haerty bonus onto all ore yields, fully trained up the ore yield bonus is absolutely fantastic, Refining would also be something you'll want to train ASAP.

When you're bringing in very large loads, refining V can add about 10% more value per load, give or take depending on ore types.

Veld becomes a very useful option with refining V.

Secondly how are you finding the new avatar system? messed mine up a bit but on the whole I had no idea CCP had this in them.

We gota guy coming in whos gonna be bulding us ORE ships so i gotta train inthose skills asap

I thought it was alright,kinad touchy and hard to get used to.are you in acorp yet?