What Is Your Preferred Size (MB) for Download Packages

olafreinhardweyer

I am the modder of "On The Edge Of Your Nerves" and "Prewar Classics ... for your Radio" (among other sound editing) mods.

I now noticed that the smaller the uploaded packages size, the more instant downloads i get.

This rather fruststrating, because the bigger package, the more content i provide and the more work i had on editing and research.

I wonder now, if people would prefer smaller packages (e.g. 2 times 50mb instead of one 100mb), or perhaps even smaller.

Of course this question wouldn't only convern my own mods.

So whats you're take on this, as someone downloading?

---

THX for the replies so far, keep it coming :)

Edited by olafreinhardweyer

I prefer a single package, regardless of its size. Easier to update/replace and move to another location.

I prefer a single package too, I hate it when I'm about to download a mod and there's a huge clutter of various files under the 'Files' tab. If it's a excessively huge file to put in a single package you could always mirror it on a separate site.

I only notice the size when it takes more than a minute or two to download. Then I look and think "well that explains why its taking so long."

But, I also prefer one zip file over multiple files, especially when each file is named something completely different than the name of the mod.

(i.e main.zip / update.zip / update2a.zip / version 1.zip... etc.)