way too little weapons and ammo at the trading areas

webster63

2. well deathclaw is endgame mob

wonderin why my level 12 character had no troubles clearing out Quarry Junction

Oh, yes I don't use 9 or 10mm weapons on large targets.

they were nerfed in patch, + some char builds r owerpowered

what was your difficulty and build / weapon used?

1. it may be based on what you kill in the game? since i dont have a lot of weapons maybe thats why i dont find any being sold but try fighting those big deathclaws with just a 9mm, 9mm machine gun, 10mm, 10mm machine gun, and cowboy repeater.

2. i spent 6 doctors bags. 20 something stimpacks. 260 10mm rounds, 367 9mm rounds, and about 5 reloads into the repeater i was always dead having killed one or maybe two deathclaws (usually just one)

1. if u want to be good natured fiends come to my mind on map left from vegas they have often weaps and ammos if i remember correctly

2. well deathclaw is endgame mob kinda dont see point rushing to kill em at start -> i was kinda surprised that in that place where is 9of em at one spot 5x normal 2x mother 2x Amale on very hard aer14 crit based and laser based perks cass for whisky perk and 100 survival after i used one slasher (even without psycho - effect stacks i heard) after this "weak" buffs they went down like nothing i was kinda surprised ..

well nothing keeps u from resting days to reset merchants for "new stock" or just get one of mentioned mods for it

well i was just heading up to try and reach that dome on top of the ridge above "Repconn" and came upon "dead wind cave" or something like that. there was no deathclaws around so i wasnt expecting to see them there when i got the shocker of being mobbed by indestructable deathclaws.

deathclaws arent that different from people so giving you super damage yes but "they" shouldnt have such a high DT, maybe half of what they got now would be correct. i think the giat scorpions need less damage too but they arent coming at you 6 at a time and i could see them having an armoured shell.

while im complaining (lol) the nightstalker dogs and naked zombies shouldnt need so many shots to kill. i think everything in the game should die much easier, player, people, & critters. if i were modding the game "everything" and everybody" would have damage levels cut by 60-75%

people like the shirtless jackles have bluejeans and no shirt so why dont they die with no more then 2 or 3 shots from a 9mm (without needing special skills and head shots)

the whole damage system is too tough in the beginning because i believe they nerf you into a sharp shooting demon as you gain levels. so you begin needing a gatlin gun then in the middle it feels just right, then by the end it feels too easy. i think the problem lies in your ever increasing abilities but why make guns and damage be part of that? iff gun damage and shooting skill would remain constant a better balance could be found with all armour and damage levels

Edited by webster63

[while i am no "mod veteran" i have been modding silent hunter games for a couple years now (just .sim .dat .zon and text files but not hex editing or much texture stuff) but this game has esp files that i dont know how to open up to see whats involved in modding them.

believe me i would love to be able to "see" the game files so i could combine what i like into one mod so is there an "idiots guide" to modding this game? i dont think im dumb but i sometimes have a hard time understanding instructions and so far i havent understood anything about using that GEEK thing so is there anything else that works to open the files

Sure, there are articles here and with the new Wiki, there should be even more. I know some of our veterans have created tutorials. So go here, our Wiki:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/news/index.php?id=802

and here- the articles section:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Category:Tutorials

That one is the official Wiki NV tutorials page. I'm sure as you look around you'll find even more stuff.

You might also try this site:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/G.E.C.K._%28editor%29

This site tells all about the GECK and has helpful external links.

I'm with you, I want to mod, but I know it will take me some time to take it all in, although I'm a quick learner. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Let me know when you post your first mod! :happy:

3. as for companions, they need ammo if u give them "your" weapon, but u pretty much dont need to give em anything and they shoot anyway eeehhm

except for a few odd mod added weapons - this has been solved

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37602

Hey thanks Fonger! I need something like this. I also think I have the wrong idea about ammo cases. I was thinking you only need one per gun, but now I'm thinking you might need one for each clip you load. Am I wrong or right? Sorry Webster, a bit off topic here.

Sorry Webster, a bit off topic here.

hey we ARE talking about weapons here and im not anal about stuff like that as long as its semi connected

and thanks for the links :thumbsup:

im just starting with this game but i think i'll be forced to do some of my own tweaking of mods

i like to collect mods i like and disect out what i like from each and merge the rest into one mod made from other mods

to do this it really helps to open the esp and esm files to compare whats in them so i really looking for a simple utility that lets me look thru them, im downloading GECK now so will that do this for me or is it designed to open the game files not mods?

Edited by webster63

Merchant inventory not resetting in this game got on my nerves. I was constantly having to run all over looking for someone with enough money to dump my stuff on. Loot is so abundant and with 2 helpers along you can amass quite a bit of it before needing to return to town. It sucks to get there after several days away only to find the merchant's money is still gone and his stock hasn't replenished. I think the Caravan guy only restocked once during my entire playthrough. There's just no sense for that. I loved this game but man there are a lot of glitches and bugs in it. It's way worse than FO3 was in that regard. It's unfortunate too because with a little polish this once could be so much more fun. Unfortunately I found myself having to go to the Wiki quite often just to find a solution to one more broken quest. But I muddled my way through and managed with the inventory so it was still enjoyable even if it could get a bit annoying at times.