ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Could someone take a look at my custom staff's .nif, please? It's CTD'ing. :-(

CrisSpiegel

Hi, peoples!!

I've made a custom staff that I think is causing CTD. [Yeah, definitely is it. Trying to preview it in CK crashes it immediately.] Could someone look at it with nifskope and see what the problem is, please?
I've been using this same .nif as 1st person model too. I don't think it's a problem, but who knows?

Any help is... helpful.

Here is a pic of the bad boy:
http://i.imgur.com/iMb879T.png?1

In shader flags 2, in the BSlightningshaderproperty tree, remove SLF2 backlighting

When loaded in ck gave a error for that one, not too exact on specifics why someone else might lend a hand but I loaded it had 0 issues or anything after I ripped that one out of all the BS trees

Here is your staff, doesn't crash anymore

In your nif NiTriShape 16 was named Prn and NiTriShape 20 was named BSX. That is a big NO-NO. Prn and BSX are reserved for their respective nodes. I renamed them and now the nif works.

Edited by Tamira

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same problem here, I have finished my Mesh with the use of Nifskope and Blender. Yet it crashes in CK when I import it. As it will be a mod for personal use, it uses Oblivion's Staff of Worms mesh and texture (I already edited the mesh for it). Can someone please help me with it? I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with it but I just can't figure it out. I've added the files (textures and mesh) for the staff to this reply, can someone take a look and see what's wrong? I'm quite new to Nifskope and Blender as well so I had multiple tutorials guiding me. But if there is a problem with the mesh itself, would you mind if I asked you to fix the original mesh for me? If so, thanks a lot!