Body Head mismatch?

Hi!

Sounds good!

I didnt ever have the different race looking thing but I suspect it is only that the nitristrips block for the showing skin part of your armor.

go into that in nifskope and look at the bsshaderpplightingproperty. There you can set the shader from default to skin. and add the windows environment mapping shader flag also.

This makes the engine overlay the skin texture once more ontop of the mesh and it makes color changes like skin pigmentation on it also.

I've just figured out what is causing it. You're right it's a shaderflag problem, but I can't change the shaderflags in nifskope for some reason. If I export it form blender as "skin" the armor has a skin texture no matter what I do, but if I export it as "cloth" the body's race doesn't match correctly. The only way I can get it to work is to export the body from nifskope as "skin" and export the clothing as "cloth" and then cut and paste them together in nifskope. Surely there is a way to change the shaderflags in nifskope, but I don't see anyway to do it. I have a lot of clothing mods planned and I can't imagine the time it would take if I had to do them all this way.

Do I need a different version of niskope or something?

Thanks for you help baduk :)

Ok. in nifskope first u gotta turn on block list view and block details view and make the block list view display as a tree. Its best setup.

And then u go to the bsshaderpplightingproperty of the nitristrips block that u want to set the shaders on.

now highlight that and look down on the block details window. There are a number of columns on there. U gotta make the value column where the shader flags and stuff are listed narrow enough to see the other end of it.

find shader type on the list and doubleclick where it says shader default It maks little arrow appear pointing down and u click that to get the list of choices.

Then right below that is shader flags, do the same thing doubleclick it and u can get the arrow, this one displays a little window with buttons on it so you can select more than one shader flag.

U should have shader to skin and shader flags just add window environment mapping.

I can't tell you how helpful that is. I searched all over the internet, but as always I find my answer in the nexus forum. I didn't have my columns narrow enough to have the drop-down-arrow (I feel kind of stupid because I spent an hour trying to figure this out). I really appreciate your time and I think I can finally continue my work :)

Thanks again!

Nick