Witcher Wild hunt is out today opn steram

Inkatet666

ugh i wanna like this game soo bad. i own the first two, played a couple hours of the first one, but i never could get into it. ive seen some gameplay, and reviews of the 3rd one now. Game is absolutely gorgeous. huge. outstanding reviews. but the combat, just doesnt cut it for me. and it looks like A LOT of running (riding) around.

I need to see a let play of a good hourish of gameplay. see what the majority of the game is like. Reviews are too time lapse-y, they have to be with such a big game, but they dont give me a good idea of what you spend your time doing, or what combat looks like in real time.

IF i somehow am convinced, do I HAVE to play the first two?

"Looks a lot like running around" Have you played Skyrim? :smile:

From what I gathered around the review sites, the game range somewhere from 8.5-9 ish for the users. That's pretty high considering Skyrim is only 8.0 for the users. We're talking about just the vanilla aspect and not modded though. You don't have to play the first two, although they do explain some of the lore. You can pick up on the lore by reading books in Witcher 3 though. Gopher has excellent Let's play of the first 2 in the series if you're into that.

The combat is more tactical than Skyrim dull hack and slash, that's for sure. It's really dependent on your tastes. People have compared it to darksouls if you play higher difficulties.

what matters more for me is the the story line and how the quests are done. Skyrim's quests are so generic and boring of fetch quests.

"Looks a lot like running around" Have you played Skyrim? :smile:

From what I gathered around the review sites, the game range somewhere from 8.5-9 ish for the users. That's pretty high considering Skyrim is only 8.0 for the users. We're talking about just the vanilla aspect and not modded though. You don't have to play the first two, although they do explain some of the lore. You can pick up on the lore by reading books in Witcher 3 though. Gopher has excellent Let's play of the first 2 in the series if you're into that.

The combat is more tactical than Skyrim dull hack and slash, that's for sure. It's really dependent on your tastes. People have compared it to darksouls if you play higher difficulties.

what matters more for me is the the story line and how the quests are done. Skyrim's quests are so generic and boring of fetch quests.

Only 30 hours. which for a game like Skyrim is barely any. I wasnt a huge fan of Skyrim. however, huge fan and played the crap out of FO3, and i understand your point.

The Dark Souls comparison doesnt do it for me. Really sick of those games. Demons Souls was killer. Dark Souls was alright. Dark Souls 2, well i still havent gotten through it through lack of interest. Bloodbourne, I'm interested in however, i dont have a PS4.

I have a friend who is wildly obsessed with the game. wont shut up about it. and while its annoying, ill let him try and convince me. some of what he has said intrigues me. I'm not entirely against playing the first two. but thats a lot of time, time i dont have. i already have too many games to play as it is.

Vanilla The Witcher 3 is awesome ive played many and played morrowind 1000+ hours Skyrim 2400+ hours.

But this one beats them all for me so far have 19 hours into game so its still early for final verdict but it's so much better then Skyrim vanilla.

EARLY RATING AFTER 19 HOURS 9/10

@locomotive - when and if there are mods uploaded here then we will have a mod section for it. Until there are mods, it would be useless anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this on a whim and the immersion factor is high. Delightfully creepy at times, like when I first met that um, little kid hermit in the bog. Encounters seem important instead of just 'run here kill that, loot this deliver it there'. The mythology they draw from is quite rich.

And the land masses look realistic and best yet, the countryside and environments look believable. Farmlands look as if they could actually support a population.