noobie help

soulknightX

hello guys im new here to the forums and i just recently bought FO3:GOTY edition for Christmas and beaten the main storyline (with the help of mods of course) and aparrently after i beaten the game i was ready to continue the plot line of the game by installing the DLC for the game but whenever i install the DLC for FO3 it either tells me that the file "xlive.dll" is missing therefor im unable to play FO3 unless i uninstall FO3 and then re-install it but when i get to site of Project Purity i get a red triangle with a white exclamation mark in the middle where you supposed to activate Project Purity then when you (supposily) die then if you have Broken Steel you supposed to wake up 2 weeks later depending on either I or Lyons activate it, It will go to two weeks latter and I'm unable to move or use my Pip-Boy. So I ask you guys, its it something wrong with the mods? the version of the game? when you install the DLC or what please someone help me and tell me what to do about this i want to continue the fight and eliminate the Enclave and want to play the remaining DLC

pls help and thanks and sorry for rambling a bit

-SKX

I'm a little confused why u bought GOTY edition but did not install DLC. The point of buying it is so everything is installed all at once, and u can play it without having to go back and add DLC.

Well it might be a problem if ur DLC is not installed properly or if the mods you use are listed over DLC in FOMM. All DLC needs to be loaded before any mods.

It might also help some ppl see what is wrong if u show ur mod list in FOMM.

Is the game updated to the latest patch?

it either tells me that the file "xlive.dll" is missing therefor im unable to play FO3 unless i uninstall FO3 and then re-install

under-documented requirement for the 1.7 patch (included in GOTY)

either update games for windows live (google it)

or install one of the live killing mods on the nexus