ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Changing "inaccessible" status via script?

Jokerine

Hello everybody! There's something I've been wondering - as it says in the title, is it possible to change the "inaccessible" status of a door through a script? I would like to have some doors that cannot be opened at all, no matter what the player's lockpick is, until a specific point.

I could probably use SetDestroyed just to make them static until the time's right, but I would've preferred to have them display a rollover text at least. I could go with a script attached to them and check for some script variables and stuff, but then things become a bit too complicated for something as simple as this.

Lemme know! I wouldn't be surprised if something like this already exists and I'm missing an obvious answer. Feel free to point and laugh in that case :laugh:

It's been ages since I did anything major in GECK but couldn't you have two doors at the same place. One initially set to disabled then enable it and disable the other door at the correct time via script?

Oh, yeah, I'll probably do that - an actual door and another one that is an activator with a message like "the door is locked". I just wanted to see if there would be a cleaner/simpler way to do it, haha :laugh:

I could go with a script attached to them and check for some script variables and stuff, but then things become a bit too complicated for something as simple as this.

What about a single script for every door, something like this:

Begin OnActivate

Let rMyRef := GetSelf
  Let rMyActor := GetAR
  if GetStage MyQuest > some_value
      GetSelf.Activate rMyActor
  endif

End

EDIT: thinking about it, it's probable that GetSelf must remain implicit, omitted. I would need a GECK to test.

Edited by Fallout2AM

So I guess it isn't possible to just change the "inaccessible" status then? Lame. I wonder if maybe NVSE or Lutana may be able to put something together someday. Would be pretty useful.

Anyhoo, thanks for the suggestions guys! :smile:

If you're doing the message thing, might as well go ahead and pack it into one simplified script. This script also assumes that only the player will use the door. Otherwise just make another ref.

ref rSelf

Begin OnActivate

set rSelf to GetSelf

if GetGlobalValue DoorEnabled == 1

rSelf.activate player

else

ShowMessage TheDoorIsLockedYouGit

endif

end

(Remember to actually make the globals/messages, mind you.)

Might want to tack on a && GetActionRef == Player or what it is called, I rarely use it so it escapes my memory. But yeah.