Whats the best ammo crafting mod in your opinion?

scyris99

one thing i find an unintended side effect of a good idea is the renaming items on the list.

sure it groups them together as they should be but it also leaves all the original names there so the list is double in size so for me its a wash (longer list but things are grouped better)

for my taste i prefer things neat and organized but not at the cost of extra clutter

i liked the "easy reloading" mod but it does have the name change i spoke of so im no longer using it for that reason but if that doesnt bother you it seamed as one of the better loading mods i used

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37163

pretty nice

allows breakdown of surplus 5.56 and surplus 10mm -- yielding lead, primers and casings

making them a good source of powder and lead

all breakdown recipes have a waste coefficient -- meaning you never get everything out of a breakdown

also has some interesting uses for clutter in game -- as raw materials for lead, steel (for AP rounds), and sabots

schematics allowing various ammo types is scattered around the wasteland -- mostly on workbenches and reloading tables

major drawback -- stock game limitation of 100 rounds per process - gets annoying

I use two mods in conjunction...

Improved Ammo Crafting -ver 2-

- Recipes for making and breaking down in-game ammunition like AP, HP, and Inc.

- Adds ammo types where appropriate, like 10mm AP, 12.7mm AP, and .45-70 Gov't AP.

- Adds "Powdercrafting" submenu that allows creation and deconstruction of primers, and conversion of powder from pistol to rifle type and vice versa

- Adds recipes for explosives, including dynamite, long fuse dynamite, grenades, and missiles.

- Adds a new crafting item "brass" that can be used to construct ammo casings. Conversely, casings can be melted down into brass. Scrap Metal can be melted down into Brass or Lead.

- 100x versions of casing, powder, and primer recipes, since brass, powder, and primer tend to accumulate very quickly in large quantities.

- Eliminates the weight from Lead (which, in my opinion, was a nuisance in normal mode and excessive in Hardcore mode where Ammo had weight anyways).

Automated Reloading Bench

======================

Description:

Adds a few handy features to existing reloading benches:

* Ammo parts container, to store all those messy casings, leads, etc..

When using the bench, all ammo parts will automatically be transfered to this container. Those parts will be taken in account for your recipies.

* Ammo breakdown box and lever

If, like us, you grew tired of breaking down unused ammo, caliber per caliber, 100 per 100, just dump it all into the ammo breakdown box and press the lever.

When using the bench, all ammo parts obtained will be transfered automatically to the parts container.

• 2 weeks later...

I like mine, but I am biased.

It only uses three primers, pistol, rifle, and shotgun. It also converts all powder to pistol powder. No renaming was used. Everything handled through a few easy recipes at the reloading bench. It is not modular however. All existing types that are no longer used (e.g. rifle powder can simply be converted to pistol). Very easy and improves gameplay. It also has all the crafting recipes for all ammo types. There is a full 13 page description in which this is fully detailed.

Cheers!