Diablo 2

sam en france

Ite there i bought diablo 2 for 1 euro at da weekend and have been playin it on and off since then, over the internet. I was just wonderin if anyone is still playing -

I don't wan't this thread taken over by people posting and saying how good their accounts were before they expired

If anyones around and wants a game - give us a shout ;)

SAM :D

I have been playing it for around 3 years, then I quit and came back (hopefully my main accounts didnt expired).

I am still playing it but quite rarely. Are you refering to Lord of Destruction expansion pack? Or simply the good ol' classic Diablo 2?

Ah yes, good old Diablo II, the game that nearly got me kicked out of college... I guess I still "play" it, since I have my accounts active and occasionally make a boss run or two. Of course it's not really a challenge anymore, besides my friend and I thinking of new setups to take a second or two off our 15 second hell Baal kills. Or just how absurdly silly a build we can solo hell with.

With the new runewords and charms, the game is just completely broken. It's insanely easy to massacre everything in hell... I have a melee sorceress with 1000 life, 90% energy shield, above-max resists in hell, and an AVERAGE of 50,000 damage per hit. No, I'm not exaggerating or making a typo... character screen damage is around 5,000-50,000, with about -100% to enemy lightning resistance. Hell Mephisto goes down in literally two or three hits.

And then there's the freezing arrow amazon with the insane tank... 1500 life, above-max hell resists, 2500 splash damage freezing arrows (with pierce, multiplied by the number of monsters in the group), a ~10 shots per second strafe, and a constant holy freeze aura just to be sure everything is helpless. Not to mention the fanatacism-armed rogue merc with better gear than many players...

Yeah, expansion had that effect on people by adding super powerfull items. I mean, even a "noob" item in expansion can be considered godly in non-expansion. Thats pretty much why I stick with Non-Exp, sure theres alot less people, but even when rich and powerfull, somethings are a challenge while solo. If you ever feel like playing with me, Non-expansion because I dont have LOD (I tried it for a week and the retard level of certain people pissed me off - example: What is expansion? -), PM me for my account name and add it to friend list.

I don't wan't this thread taken over by people posting and saying how good their accounts were before they expired

I played Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction for 3 years. Got bored after a while and stopped :D

I know you didnt say how good u were but it still bugs me ur postin nothing !!!

Anyway i don't intend on cheatin or modifiying my game in any way if i get good its because i worked hard and earnt it.

Thanks Tiberiu for gettin back to me lol shame bout dem time zones ! Also you probably are on a north american server and i am in europ :wacko:

Anyway i was wonderin if anyone else is playing

And also, what the difference between non ladder and ladder ? Yes, i am officialy, a noob :P

Sam :D

And also, what the difference between non ladder and ladder ? Yes, i am officialy, a noob :P

Sam :D

Ladder is ranked. A ladder season lasts for about 2+ years I think. I also belive there is a slight difference in monster's life, correct me if I'm wrong.

The top 10 of each class (exp) will win a prize at the end of the ladder season and they will become non-ladder and immortalized (not sure what they ment by that).

I played Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction for 3 years. Got bored after a while and stopped :D

You played for 3 years? But you quit after a while?

• 4 weeks later...
I still play the non-exp. But i always mess up on making a char. Im trying to get a good dueling character, but somehow along the road, im not paying attention and just make a wrong decision on what to do after leveling him/her. I havent even beaten the game yet. But i still find the game fun. :D

• 3 weeks later...
With the new runewords and charms, the game is just completely broken. It's insanely easy to massacre everything in hell... I have a melee sorceress with 1000 life, 90% energy shield, above-max resists in hell, and an AVERAGE of 50,000 damage per hit. No, I'm not exaggerating or making a typo... character screen damage is around 5,000-50,000, with about -100% to enemy lightning resistance. Hell Mephisto goes down in literally two or three hits.

Urk. It'd take me years of playing to reach that kind of level. Again, urk. Well done. I just have a rubbish low level barb in multiplayer and single. I always seem to die near the Chaos Sanctuary (well, not near. Inside, surrounded by those damned annoying spellcasting skeletons!)

Archived