⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Speedy's resources

SpeedyB64

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good so far Speedy. I think I can see the beginnings of some nice detailing of the balconies and balustrades in the building on the left.

Regarding your elevator Speedy, I have tweaked it quite bit. Built in a lot of piping and wiring, added some shaft pieces, tweaked the elevator and made it possible to move in and out of it as we discussed. Do you want to package those up with your resource, or should I put them back out there as a separate resource? I haven't tested it with your scripts yet however...

Looking good so far Speedy. I think I can see the beginnings of some nice detailing of the balconies and balustrades in the building on the left.

Regarding your elevator Speedy, I have tweaked it quite bit. Built in a lot of piping and wiring, added some shaft pieces, tweaked the elevator and made it possible to move in and out of it as we discussed. Do you want to package those up with your resource, or should I put them back out there as a separate resource? I haven't tested it with your scripts yet however...

I saw that elevator in the Project Roswell mod, looks really good. How does it work? Is it a moveable static, or scripted or something?

@ Rob, cambragol is talking about a special vault elevator I made specifically for Vault 24. :wink:

@ cambragol, I made the elevator set specifically for Vault 24 so Its not actually part of my resource. Since I didn't have the time to finish it up completely feel free to upload your improved version.

Sounds good Speedy. Now that I am getting into the script implementation, I can see that it is fairly complicated and will take a bit of work on my part to get it working perfectly, at the two different locations in the vault. I am wondering what state you finished it at? Mainly, can it handle companions? Is it smooth enough for 'production' in a big mod like Vault 24? The last we spoke on it, you mentioned that you might have to use the Script Extender. Did you have to? I am just trying to economize my time during the last push to finish Vault 24, and don't want to get caught up in something that may not be a perfect effect. That all being said, what you showed in the video clips so far did look quite polished.

I haven't added companion support yet but it should be fairly simple, just have to make sure the companion is in the elevator and move them down the same way as the player.

The script extender is not needed.

Its very smooth, should be perfect for release once its all set up.

The only problem with it is that you can't jump while moving, it might sometimes cause small glitches if you do. If you jump you might be stuck in the jump animation until the elevator stops moving.

You could disable player controls while the elevator is moving, but I don't think the problem is big enough to have to do that. Even if you do have to disable player controls the elevator will still be very cool.

I got it working pretty smooth. Needed to do a little tweaking to the timing of the doors etc., but aside from that the only obstacle I see is the companions and how to handle them. Always a dilemma it seems. Great job on the script by the way. It was very clean and easy to work with.

It is quite impressive arriving at the bottom level and having the doors open onto the airlock chambre. Definitely worth the effort to get it working right.

Can't wait to see them working in the mod.

The companions could be handled by a trigger box at the elevator's entrances, when they enter enable a part of the script that moves them too. This would only work with companions that are already in the game, the script extender would probably be needed to have mod added companions work.

I will also have to check that the companion is actually in the elevator, otherwise the elevator script will just move the companion straight through floors and ceilings from where ever he is standing when the elevator started. But your suggestion suggests a solution for any companion. Nice one.