WNA 3100 Constant issues

Ive built and fixed computers for a long time and this has me stumped.

I have a WNA 3100 Wireless adapter that has been nothing but problems on 2 vista based computers their spec sheets are

HP Touchsmart 1020US

4 gigs ram

2.25GHZ Dual Core CPU

300 gig harddrive

Vista Home w/ latest SP

Home buillt

Gigabyte mobo

300 gig SATA drive

8 gigs ram

AMD Phenom ll CPU

ATi Black Edition 2 gig 5870

Vista Ultimate w/ latest SP

I got this because my home network I upgraded to a Netgear Wireless N router.I take my rig back and forth a lot so wireless makes things easier.But from what Ive been reading,Netgear products work terribly with anything better than XP.I dont run XP anymore so I dont have my disks but if this keeps up,Ill be forced to either replace it or buy another brand,and both arent very good options for me as Im poor lol

Im to the point where I want to throw the stupid thing at the wall and hope it shatters lol.I hate this and it further makes me hate WiFi anything.As much as Id love to run a hardline,crawling under my house with 2 feet of snow,just isnt feasible to do

Sorry. The pc refuses to recognize the wifi adapter or it won't go let me on the net. I mean it says connection but limited acess. I have the settings all correct so I know that's not the cause.

For some odd reason I cannot figure thi out. Now my pc is incredibly unstable. Gaming results in a total system crash. No bsod just a reboot or a freeze.

Come to think of it. Sim city socities ever since installation has been causin issues. I uninstalled it but nothing...