KVATCH REBUILT vs KVATCH AFTERMATH

jwoltz

On another posted forum topic, I'm addressing issues with the Kvatch Rebuilt mod and TRYING to become Countess (among other things) that just aren't happening. In my search for answers, I came across a reference to a mod called Kvatch Aftermath and after looking what is supposed to be a video "walkthrough" for Kvatch Rebuilt came to realise that they referred to BOTH Kvatch Aftermath AND Kvatch Rebuilt. Further, they referred to the same scenario of a message arriving to you from Slavian Matius about you becoming Countess. As if that isn't confusing enough, the background looked identical to Kvatch Rebuilt AND they referred to some kind of patch (which I downloaded but haven't installed yet). What is all this about? If you read my other forum topic post called Kvatch Rebuilt Waiting and Wating, you will understand what I'm going through with this mod. I REALLY hope someone can soon answer these questions. A lot of players on a lot of forums seem to be having similar issues but yet NO ONE seems to have or be willing to give out with the info. Even the original authors have never responded to emails and other correspondance to help me and while I've been told that there IS a walkthrough on a site called kvatch.net, that site seems to no longer exist. HELP! If you want to contact me directly, it's [email protected]. Thanks to all.

I replied to your post in the other thread, about how to become Countess in KR.

As far as KR vs KA, they are totally different mods. KR as you know starts with you helping the people of Kvatch slowly rebuild. At the end of the quest, if you choose the right options, you can become Count/Countess, but it is not automatic.

KA is totally different. KA is intended to be activated only after you have completed the main quest. Once you activate it, you get a message telling you that the Council wants you to become the Count/Countess of Kvatch. Once you accept, you have a few quests to do to fully rebuild the city. There is really no option for you not to become Count/Countess, unlike KR. The version of Kvatch you end up with in KA is also completely different, with different buildings, a much more lavish Castle interior, more NPC servants, etc. For my personal tastes I found KA kind of over the top; KR is a lot more in keeping with the general tone of Oblivion.

And just to be clear: KA and KR are totally separate mods and cannot be activated in your game at the same time. They both create different, completely incompatible versions of the rebuilt Kvatch.

Edited by InAComaDial999

TO DIAL999: Thanks for all your great help. YOU are the first and ONLY person that at last has given me the definative answers for which I have been searching. I wish I didn't have to start Kvatch all over, BUT in the end, I won't lose anything and if that's what it takes to become Countess, then so be it. I can be patient and wait (God knows I've been waiting all this time-a little longer won't kill me.) ONE FINAL QUESTION: What seems to be the problem with the Grand Ranger fighting again in the Arena? Is it a glitch in the mod or does it have to do with NOT being Countess? I simply am NOT being given the option to do anymore fights. Anyway, THANK YOU again for your help.