Search Engine Request

MistTiger

Hi, I have been looking through the requests, and have not found this particular request. If it has been requested previously, I apologize for taking up your time. I have been downloading mods and reading comments. Sometimes those comments have an embedded link to another mod. Unfortunately, most of the time that embedded link takes me right back to the mod that I am on even though there is a different file ID. I would like the capability in advanced search to search for a mod by file ID number. I realize that you probably use file IDs again if the original file is removed, but I think that would still be a handy capability to have in advanced search. Thank you in advance for any time spent considering my request. Cheers!!!! V/R MistTiger

Aren't most (if not all) mod links on nexus following the same format - http://www.nexusmods.com/<game_name>/mods/<FileID>/ ? Thus, you'd be able to get to the mod's page till there's a search option for file ID :smile:

Ethreon,

Thank you for your reply. That is the crux if the problem. As an example, if i am on a mod page reading the comments and I see a link provided by a member, sometimes that link takes me right back to the mod that I am currently on. Looking at the format that you provided; notice that there is no mod title. The ID number is the only frame of reference. If you can't get the link to go to the page, then you will never know the title of the mod unless the post identifies it. Another little annoying issue is that some mod authors refer to their file by the name "Main". Looking back through old downloaded mods is very difficult if they are all named "main" with a file ID that has no reference. I am currently hand pasting the titles to anything that says "fix" or "main"". Titling their mod is at the discretion of the author, so the little extra needed is not a big issue. I would still like the capability to search for mods by the ID number. Its a database query, but since I am not familiar with the structure of the Nexus database, I am not sure how much work it will be to incorporate the query and the needed GUI input fields. That said, I am patiently awaiting comments from the nexus site managers on my request. Cheers!!!! V/R MistTiger