Mods for Skyrim might ruin the fun??

dodger805

So basically I have been wondering about skyrim and the modding of it and I think I won't get any mods for it unless it really misses something. I have been thinking (and I know I am gonna get a lot of hate for this) that maybe it's best to not add modding possebilities (can't spell lol) because I myself get really sad and depressed when I see a video on youtube when someone has taken oblivion and modded it into some sort of shitty Devil may cry/hentai/manga/cartoon/call of duty by using mods that changes every aspect of the game. Then the game has lost all of it's purpose and you just bought it for the graphics engine which is just sad. What are your feelings on this? :mellow:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with XanAlderon.It´s not like people aim you pistols and tell you to use mods. XD We use what we want and is not difference for people who don´t want mods if there is a CS cause if people don´t want mods just don´t install them or buy a ps3 version of the game.

Agree with XanAlderon.It´s not like people aim you pistols and tell you to use mods. XD We use what we want and is not difference for people who don´t want mods if there is a CS cause if people don´t want mods just don´t install them or buy a ps3 version of the game.

I would hope they don't start aiming pistols at us :blink:

I'd actually reccommend you get a 360 version. My ps3 version of Oblivion may be high def, but lags like HELL.

In general, I prefer to only have mods for things that fix, rather than add, to the game. Unfortunately, there's a lot to fix (imo) with Oblivion. Don't get me wrong, even the vanilla game I loved, but it was far from perfect. Examples of the kinds of mods I used: various graphical enhancement mods (texture and model improvement, close to the original style), bug fixing mods, performance improving mods, mods to change how leveling/scaling/etc. worked so it was both harder and easier, color map mod, things along those lines.

Now, with Skyrim being 5 years later, they've done Fallout 3 and New Vegas (even though Obsidian may have done more work on NV, anyone know?) since then, and they're not developing for a new generation of hardware (at least on the console end) like they did with I think every other Elder Scrolls, so in theory, Skyrim will be less buggy, better optimized, more balanced combat-wise, and certainly it will look better than Oblivion. The fact they're using a new engine they made lends to the possibility there will be bugs, but that's just conjecture. In all honesty, I can't imagine Skyrim being any worse than Oblivion in ANY conceivable way. Now, for Morrowind fans, it may still be worse in areas than Morrowind, so if you hated Oblivion, you may still hate Skyrim (although less, I should think). Me, I played both games extensively, and loved them both. Definite pros and cons on either end. Even if Skyrim ends up being "Oblivion 1.5" with a different land and better graphics (which I don't believe will be the case based on current info), that would still make it better than Oblivion and worth playing for me.

Anywho, my round-about point is... yea, mods may not be that useful for Skyrim. I know I didn't find much for Dragon Age that I thought it actually needed. However, if some people like to take the base of something, and turn it inside out and do all sorts of crazy things, that's just how they do it. It shouldn't affect anyone else's enjoyment just by seeing it. Granted, I do think all the female "enhancement" mods are just lewd and ridiculous, but I don't know I'd say it'd be a "good" thing to not have public access to a construction kit just because other people will use them in ways some people feel deviate from the intended experience. The hardcore pervs will find other ways to mod their female characters. Also, look at Half-life mods. Pirates, vikings and knights is a good example. It's nothing like Valve intended half-life to be, but that doesn't automatically mean it's a bad thing, yes?

Edited by Guest

Big breasts are caused usually by obesity, or implants...

No they are not. I am female, not obese, let's say I am unlikely to fall flat on my face but silicone had nothing to do with it...

I do not see how mods for Skyrim could possibly ruin the fun. If Bethesda's past form is anything to go by, the vanilla face textures will be so hideous (I bet they won;t look half as good in game as the pictures that we have been shown so far) that all the gals will have five o'clock shadow and blotchy complexions, never mind the Nords with beards. That is certainly one thing that (a) they could take a lesson from Bioware on and (b) that will need modding. I will need better textures before I can look at my toon without throwing up. And then there are the equally hideous Bethesda undies. La Perla/Calvin Klein they are not. So yes, I think a decent nude mod for both sexes ASAP please. For me, it makes no sense that a character would be clothed at all times and come on now...Naked Nords are an ES tradition! But I would not be looking for any extreme huge bazookas or massive buttocks. The sort of female body I'd be looking to see would be something like Robert's Female, the Morrowind style Better Bodies or the Type 3 as per Fallout 3. No, not all the female mods are "lewd and ridiculous", but some of them certainly make me :sick:

Nevertheless, I have to agree that it would be, for me, immersion breaking to see too many skimpy armors in the chilly environment of Skyrim. We will probably need some nicer covered up light armors though. I tend to play sneaky, light footed types and am not keen on the tin can types of armor.