Mods for Skyrim might ruin the fun??

dodger805

This is freaking ridiculous. Even awesome games can be improved by mods, because many gameplay mechanics aren't necessarily bad in the base game but mods can make them more to the taste of the end user.

Although I absolutely agree that it's sad there are so many anime inspired and female only mods (mostly sad for me, not society, because I play males 80% of the time and prefer european style weapons and armor).

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no doubt that there will be numerous things in skyrim that are transfered over from oblivion that I disliked(i.e. crappy vampires and low monster variety) and I have no doubt that people will create mods that remedy these situations. I would hardly say mods would ruin the fun of skyrim and if there are some that I think would do such a thing I just won't download them.

And like other people have said mods are totally optional, you don't have to use them if you don't want to. What does it matter to you what someone else who bought the game wants to do with it.

Hopefully with the new engine there won't be a 'need' for player-made bodies. Let's face it, the engine limitations for MW, OB, FO3 and NV made the skeletons perform poorly. I can say with 100% honesty and confidence that both Robert's versions address some serious rigging issues for OB and Type3 does the same for FO3, and NV by way of proxy.

Skimpy outfits and sexy girls are what I mod, though I do not use the mods I make in my game. I play test them and play dress up toon Barbies and then delete the content. I'm more than happy with an underwear replacer based on good rigging and custom textures.

My main interests for SKYRIM will be 'fixes' and mesh/texture replacers, though I will play the entire main quest and some side quests vanilla before I add anything. Who knows? The game might be fantastic and not need help.

Why would anyone care how other people mod THEIR game? It's their fantasy world so let them play the way they want. I dumbfounded why you would feel depressed by another individuals mod preference because it has no affect on you at all. The important thing is for the individual player to have fun, and if that means everything is anime then so be it. Mods are great because it allows the player to individual the game world so it becomes their own unique fantasy world. Others may not like what we choose to put in it but that doesn't matter because it our own personal world.

I do not like the henti/anime mods much either or anything that goes against the universe of the game (aka guns in oblivion) but this is my personal preference. Just because you and I dislike those mods does not means other should not be allowed to enjoy them.

I honestly hope too I be able to run around Skyrim with Frostmoure in hand :P Frostmoure hungers........

P/S LOL 4 years and I'm still a Newbie I should post more often:P

Edited by Skyscraper84

Do the developers force you to use mods? No.

Personally, I love Mods. Every single type. Nude mods make the game more realistic imo, because when you strip someone of their clothes, you literally strip someone of their clothes. It's not like I go around beating it to dead corpses. Although you shouldn't have a problem even if I did. I tend to avoid the HUGE bussoms mods, but hey, it's all up to personal choice.

If you don't like those YouTube videos, don't watch them. Simple as that.

I find it pretty selfish that you want modding to be banished simply because you get "depressed" over how people "ruin" their games with their own personal preference.

Edited by t3hf4ll0ut

I have been thinking (and I know I am gonna get a lot of hate for this) that maybe it's best to not add modding possebilities (can't spell lol) because I myself get really sad and depressed when I see a video on youtube when someone has taken oblivion and modded it into some sort of shitty Devil may cry/hentai/manga/cartoon/call of duty by using mods that changes every aspect of the game.

Is this opinion a wise one to be expressing on a modding community forum with a long history of modding for this franchise of game?

U have serious issues if u feel so sad and depressed when u choose to watch a video on youtube, see someone elses mod that you describe as "shitty", and wish away their abillity to make mods.

If i had a little more respect for your opinon i might feel offended.

@ Dodger805: I have no problem with your opinion except that:

it's best to not add modding possebilities

What the point in spoiling the fun for thousands of people? There are tons of mods which respect the lore, the atmosphere. And even if there are which do not respect, what's the problem? Some people have fun with dragon riding, kawai clothes or big gun... I use better bodies for morrowind, it add big boobs in the process which doesn't bother me, and still, I'm not a lonely sad frustrated little man xD (this one was for LordFrostcraig)

You are sad when you see a youtube video of oblivion denaturated, but you are not sad when you think how selfish is your suggestion?

Edited by Any_ILL

Indeed. How DARE they mod their games like that?! The game must remain pure at all costs! It will affect us all if some anonymous gamer have a nude-patch or an anime-mod installed. This must cease right here and right now!

...Allright, I fail at sarcams today. But my point is, how on earth does it affect you what mods other people have? Should mods that deviate too much from the game's original design be banned, and why? :confused: