BestBuy $1,000 Free?

ICERAY2000

Two days in a row now when I've clicked on the Top 100 link my browser is hijacked by a full browser ad claiming I'm a winner. Can't close the window, can't escape out of it, and I'm nor clicking through on anything that a mouse hover won't reveal the hyperlink, so I Ctrl/Alt/Del out and kill the page but the whole browser is shut down.

A full screen ad that there is no way OUT of?

I doth protest.

Dude, $1,000 Best Buy shopping spree and you didn't jump on that? And you won it twice? Man, I'd be getting myself a sweet TV right now, not complaining!

....But in all seriousness, save the url of the ad, maybe save a screencap, and report it to Dark0ne so he can properly isolate and deal with it. Each advertisement comes from a much larger package, so rooting out specific ones is impossible without some guidance.

Ah, I've gotten that one before too. It annoyed the heck out of me, because I was downloading a music pack and it closed it too... It was halfway done too T.T

HERE's the problem - since the window is a LOCKED window it doesn't show a ligit url - oh, there's one in the header of the window, but it's bogus.

Got another one today. I guess the owners of this site just don't care hoe ANNOYED THEIR USERS CAN GET!

I can't get the window to close - I'm typing behind it now.

This one is from Argentina! I have a screenshot I will post.

If there is a better way to drive away traffic and users, I haven't heard of it, so I hope they can do something.

ICERAY2000

Got another one today. I guess the owners of this site just don't care hoe ANNOYED THEIR USERS CAN GET!

Try not to be rude, it gets you nowhere. I can tell you're frustrated.

You have Firefox, install NoScript and bask in the glory of never having a website work again unless you tell it to. Don't worry, you get used to it.

Of course, since the ads exist so Dark0ne can pay for the site, permanently blocking them is only one step further to forcing him to put up more ads. BUT then next time that window pops up, you can blacklist that specific one.

I guess Dark0ne is figuring out a way to fix these problems.

You know, he have a yearly web server bill of 31.000 $ + monthly file server bills; So he's got a lot of money to pay, and thus, ads are necessary... (Here's hoping he'll start that Nexus Shop though.. I'd definitely buy a Nexus T-Shirt and a Nexus Coffee-cup... ^^) :/