Not a clue what I'm doing

ArlyBarly

Hii, I thought I'd come back because even after a fresh start and not so many mods, just COBL & a Race mod, Oblivion still crashes. Now even after I've disabled all the mods, xD It doesn't even get to the Bethesda Logo screen. It just crashes on start up. I'm honestly not sure what to do now because even with the game in Vanilla mode with no mods or anything, it doesn't seem to want to work.

Rebuild your Oblivion.ini (the one found in Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Oblivion NOT Oblivion_default.ini found in your game's Oblivion folder). Just rename the current one to Oblivionini.bak and then start the game (it will rediscover your hardware and build a new INI). You may need to reset your video settings etc.

Refer to bben46's wiki article Revert to vanilla data to make sure you've not messed up something there.

- Edit - After you get the completely vanilla game working install ONE mod at a time and test thoroughly in between mod installs. If you add one mod to a working game and it stops working knowing where to start troubleshooting is a trivial affair.

Edited by Striker879