Mysterious Dialogue

kittie885

Whenever I start a conversation with someone the first words out of them is always "Interesting, it was just as you say. The spell had no effect. You interest me. I think, Perhaps that you may find some use for this item." I haven't been able to figure out what mod is creating this. Any ideas?

It is replacing any other dialogue and i'm missing the other dialogue. After that text disappears the regular chat options show up. If a list of all my mods is needed I can list them just say the word.

Is it this one: Enhanced Quest Roleplaying? A quick Google says the dialogue comes from MG18KingofWorms quest.

Yes I have that mod, in fact fairly recently installed. And yes it started happening right when I was doing the king of worms quest! Just finished it yesterday in fact! I think you may be on to something. Thank you Hickory!

I googled the text and didn't get anything. How did you come up with something? (i found it. any idea how to stop it from appearing when talking to EVERY npc?)

Edited by kittie885

any idea how to stop it from appearing when talking to EVERY npc?)

I really have no idea. I had never heard of that mod until today, sorry. :(

You could go into the CS and add a condition to that line of dialogue so that only the NPC who's supposed to say it, says it. If the mod author forgot to add that kind of condition, that should fix it.

If the problem is FormIDs, you could move the mod higher up in your load order and see if that fixes it. (I've had the form ID problem happen to a mod I'm working on this week!)

Before doing either of those, you might check the discussion thread for that mod to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

You could go into the CS and add a condition to that line of dialogue so that only the NPC who's supposed to say it, says it. If the mod author forgot to add that kind of condition, that should fix it.

If the problem is FormIDs, you could move the mod higher up in your load order and see if that fixes it. (I've had the form ID problem happen to a mod I'm working on this week!)

Before doing either of those, you might check the discussion thread for that mod to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

I have checked the discussion board, though I might have missed something I doubt it. I have also checked other discussion boards from other sites, and googled in general for it. Unfortunately I cant seem to find anyone else having the same problem. As for as editing the mod goes you're speaking greek to me. I have no idea how to do any of that or what a formID is. It was already relatively high in the load order, and I tried moving it down.. which didn't change anything. :mellow:

I could open the CS and look at the script and stuff, guessing the dialogue line would be where I would need to add a condition, but I have no idea how to add a condition even if I did figure out where to add one. I'm pretty much a newbie to editing and creating script stuff.

Adding a condition to a line of dialogue is a little complicated-- but only if you have to find the line of dialogue! If you don't, then here's all you do (ignore the comments in red):

http://finalgirl.us/Oblivion/valv2_VariTkTest.png

Down at the bottom, under "Conditions," you see the "GetIsID" line, highlighted in blue? That "GetIsID" is what determine who is supposed to say that line. Change that to the ID of the character who's supposed to be saying it, and... well, that's it! You can look at other lines that character says to find out what the character's ID is, or you can find the character him/herself in the Object window.

And welcome to the world of mod-making!

Adding a condition to a line of dialogue is a little complicated-- but only if you have to find the line of dialogue! If you don't, then here's all you do (ignore the comments in red):

http://finalgirl.us/Oblivion/valv2_VariTkTest.png

Down at the bottom, under "Conditions," you see the "GetIsID" line, highlighted in blue? That "GetIsID" is what determine who is supposed to say that line. Change that to the ID of the character who's supposed to be saying it, and... well, that's it! You can look at other lines that character says to find out what the character's ID is, or you can find the character him/herself in the Object window.

And welcome to the world of mod-making!

OK I opened up the mod and did what your picture suggests. It either was very successful and worked, or it deactivated the whole mod somehow because I went into the game and I no longer get the dialogue when talking to everybody! :sweat: Yay!

Edited by kittie885

OK I opened up the mod and did what your picture suggests. It either was very successful and worked, or it deactivated the whole mod somehow because I went into the game and I no longer get the dialogue when talking to everybody! :sweat: Yay!

Ha! Well, we'll hope it was successful in conditioning the dialogue, not deactivating the mod! :D