Fixing Covert Operative Arcthrower in Pistol issue?

dip0

Using Longwar 15d2

In the DGC, I activated the following (and commented out the item version)

;Pistol slot arc thrower mod substitute line; comment out eItem_ArcThrower line above and uncomment this one to activate it
Weapons=( strName="", iType=eItem_ArcThrower,               ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_ShotStun,       ABILITIES[1]=0,                            ABILITIES[2]=0,                     ABILITIES[3]=0,                  ABILITIES[4]=0,             ABILITIES[5]=0,             Properties[0]=eWP_Anyclass,   Properties[1]=eWP_NoReload,      Properties[2]=eWP_CantReact,     Properties[3]=eWP_Secondary, Properties[4]=eWP_Backpack,    Properties[5]=eWP_Pistol,iDamage=0,iEnvironmentDamage=0,   iRange=27,  iReactionRange=30, iReactionAngle=200, iRadius=0,    iCritical=0,  iOffenseBonus=0,  iSuppression=0,  iSize=eItemSize_Small, iHPBonus=0, iWillBonus=0 );

The problem is that when I equipped a Covert Operative with Arc in the Pistol slot, the soldier model has its arms stretched out and is completely immobile and attempoting to perform any action gets the whole game stuck.

Short of losing the Operative by not extracting it and not doing that again, how would I fix the above code to not cause that problem?

Long War bug reports should be posted in the appropriate Beta Feedback thread in the "XCOM File Discussions" section of the forum for a quick response. (The LW Team has stated they check here much less often than there.) You may also find that the answer is already known and posted in that thread.

Be sure to read the document included with the LW download on reporting bugs. They need all the information requested there to be able to help.

But, just to make a guess at fixing your problem: try replacing the "Abilities[x]=0" with "Abilities[x]=eAbility_NONE".

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

• 2 weeks later...

I don't actually think there's a way, unless the above dubiousintent's fix helps(didn't try it yet, being in the 1st month ... of the long war ). The same thing is for the rocket launchers by the way. Yes, even if the launcher itself gives the rocket. I wrote about this in here, by the way. But I promise to come back to this.

So the general fix is to just not take either the arcthrower nor the rocket launcher as an covert operative.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola