How do I remove Fallout NVSE?

ItachisTruth

Everytime I try to run it, it says I need to update my version of Fallout NV but I cant do that because my internet is slow, the main reason why I play it offline. Everytime I go ingame this message pops up every 5 seconds:

NVSE Is not running.

It's REAL annoying. I'v tried removing the files in the Fallout NV Directory but I seen that it overwrite some that I need. How do I delete it COMPLETELY?

Sorry I just noticed that it didn't overwrite any but still I deleted all the files and i'm still getting the message.

And to answer your question I didn't install it from where I am now. I installed it at a relative's who's internet put's mine to shame.

Edited by ItachisTruth

Ah

so you've removed the files that NVSE installs

and they are mysteriously back again

That's the definition of a UAC issue

http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=UAC&i=58223,00.asp

simplest solution is to ask bben46 (he's a moderator) http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/user/319600-bben46/

for his link to the Steam forums on how to move your steam install (without re-installing steam and all your games)

and move steam outside of UAC's iron fist dominated directory.

• 10 years later...

genuanly my problem here is that i cant unistall it any way i dont have nvse file in my game at all but my game is still patched whitch i am freaking annoyed about at this point im tired of haveing this game patched where i cant do useful glitches

ive unistall nvse i have unistalled the game that didnt work i deleted my game files then reverfied them then delted them then unstalled and renstalled the game still didnt work and i think it because nvse has internal patch my game where i can not f*#@ing remove it any help

Uninstalling Windows is not the solution. Why are you convinced that NVSE is the source of the problem anyway? If it's something else, then of course trying to remove NVSE will not fix anything. Just what exactly IS the problem? You've never explained it AND you've hijacked a thread from 2011. Please see the Nexus "Terms of Service" about not resurrecting old threads.

Please create a new thread and provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as the version of Windows, if you are using a "Steam" or "GOG" and/or "regional language version" of the game (even if you are playing it in English); using the FNV4GB Patch, NVSE and it's related plugins; replacements for textures (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), animations, or "bodies", etc.; and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX. It saves us playing "20 questions" and gets you a more specific answer more quickly. (The usual turn-around on post and reply in an older game forum is 24 hours.) Screenshots of the "load order" don't usually work so well because they tend to cut off or fail to display needed information and are hard to "piece together" into a complete and coherent picture.

* See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler tags", etc.. "LOOT" already includes those tags in the "load order" it copies to your clipboard, so you can just paste it's list into your post.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent