Fallout 4 Graphics Controversy.

SoberBarn

The trailer may - or may not represent what the engine they actually used is capable of. The trailer is a marketing tool, and May or may not be an accurate rendition of what we will see on a PC (or even on a ToyBox). It has likely been edited with photoshop to hide some features and add or enhance some others. I actually liked the trailer. But I don't expect the game to look exactly like that when I see it on my own PC. Besides, I will probably be making changes to suit myself anyway. :tongue:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will people stop calling it Gamebryo? They got rid of that thing in Skyrim thus: "Creation Engine".

Duct taping a Volvo does not make it a Porsche.

The creation engine is the gamebryo engine with a custom paint job. The same faults are there, the same limitation and the same annoyances.

The point here isn't whether or not graphics are good or bad or if they matter or don't matter.

I'm asking if anyone thinks the trailer is really rendered in game, or if its just a CGI trailer produced by Mirada.

What does it matter, either way? If it's a CGI then it's not the real game, and if it's in-game it's in an alpha state at best so there's no reason to think this would be how the final game looks.

I pretty sure that this is a in engine trailer, for two reasons:

1: This trailer is very similar to skyrim's trailer, (presentations of NPC in the game, punctuated with presentation of the story), which proved to be totally in engine and gameplay footage.

2: The graphics are not that good for a CGI trailer.

A few points I'd like to add. The trailer looked great, a few points looked totally different to the actual in game graphics we saw. The opening of the vault and the character petting the dog. They did not look like the scenes of the Super Mutants, Protectron or the Ghouls running at the player which to me are the closest to in game.

PC potential is far beyond console and we know this but developers have to consider console capabilities. They cannot just make Fallout how we know it could look and leave the consoles so far behind, that just is not fair. However, PC gamers have the huge advantage of mods. They added higher resolution packs to Skyrim, they give us the G.E.C.K and Creation Kits so that we ourselves can make mods to make the game the way we want it. Why are people seriously bashing this game before they have had any kind of decent look at it?

Would you rather them promise insanely attractive games and in real life we get less? Would you rather an beautiful game with less content? Or would you rather a pretty game with more content that can be added to both graphically and content wise.

Relax people and enjoy the fact we finally have FALLOUT 4!

Will people stop calling it Gamebryo? They got rid of that thing in Skyrim thus: "Creation Engine".

Duct taping a Volvo does not make it a Porsche.

The creation engine is the gamebryo engine with a custom paint job. The same faults are there, the same limitation and the same annoyances.

For the same reason you don't call a Volvo a model T even though they are based on the same technology.

If you're sitting there hoping that Bethesda is going to start from scratch and make a revolutionary new game/engine then you're wrong. That's not what they do.

The same way people are going to be disappointing if they expect FO4 to have groundbreaking new graphics, because that's not what they do.

They make huge sandbox RPGs with lots of quirks with moderate graphics which can be improved. It's really pretty simple.

Graphics look fine to me, I like a lot of the new stuff that was teased, the only things really bothering me is that voice acting will make it more difficult when making quest mods. But most of all I don't like the bioware style they have chosen for selecting dialogue responses. They don't tell you exactly what your character is going to say only instead giving brief preview of the general response. I find when using dialogue choices like that I select one I think sounds the way I'd like my pc to respond only for it to come out totally different to what I was expecting.