Imperial Manor Seeks Modeler

wizardmirth

Trigger & Reference Outside Companions in My Mod:

Outside companion first enters the manor while following player and hits a trigger zone at the door. This will make them a permanent member of the new invisible "manor guest" faction (rank 0). This also adds dialogue for them to stay in any of the five predetermined locations (new dialogue will only show if following and inside the main manor hall so as to control the frequency of dialogue appearance).

Under dialogue: "Stay at the Manor..." there will be branches for each bedroom: "Use the 2nd floor bedroom." (etc.)

This is turns opens up dialogue: "Check out of your suite." dependent on ranks 1- (Sets Faction rank 0 again.)

(Note: The last companion-direct given command remains unchanged before initializing the new faction rank.)

Take each bedroom and give it a special set of packages for use throughout the house:
-3rd floor bedroom (faction 3)
-2nd floor bedroom (faction 2)
-master bedroom (1st floor) (faction 1)
-north bedroom, service quarter (faction 4)
-south bedroom, service quarter (faction 5)

General Conducts:
-sleep
-eat, service quarter
-read, green house
-eat, main dining room
-wander outside
-read, outside (use furniture)
-shower at different times
-yardwork

Addscriptpackage can only add one package at a time, so the quest would have to monitor for end of package. I think I'm just not sure how to monitor the end of ADDSCRIPTPACKAGE for an outside referenced NPC so that I can renew it or add another.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol of course, you must mod for yourself. I'm just expressing my ideas.

I have no idea at all at modding. ATM I'm more interested in learning how to find and fix conflicts and how Bashed Patch building works.

Your suggestions are cool. It would be wonderful to go back to house and find companions doing things all around.

I think the hardest part is each companion have her scripts and not let them conflict.

Instead of having a trigger, just let player choose. Some companions are more advanced and can handle things by themselves or have options. Emma provides an item that's added to companion's inventory and then scripts run on her. Since you have a faction, you can create a badge, or a key to make the manor be that companion's house.

You then can add routine packages. Everybody join at midday to dinner together, then we can set who goes read, wander, swim, etc.

As far as I know, the only way to handle changing scripts when player is not currently in the same cell is to use a Quest script. Or the package might only load when player is in the same cell. But I would have to be able to set it up via different suite packages as per different rooms for me to really like this idea.

Adding AN compatibility would work without adding the meshes from it. As in, if user does not have AN installed, windows will not be transparent and rain boxes have no meshes/textures. When AN is installed and AN support enabled, assets from AN are present and everything works wonders.

Or is there a point I am missing?

Why clutter non-users with extra objects in the cell? Is it okay to fully fake outside views and leave rain boxes if the user doesn't even use AN and won't see anything?

My point is, transparent windows for ALL users completely independent from AN. Again, that is part of the reason why I am asking for modeling help.

Or maybe the creators of AN will allow me to supplement my mod with their resources? I haven't asked yet. Honestly, though I would strongly prefer for some more of the windows to made to match inside and out.

Also, if I can get the resources then I can convert other house mods of mine. It would also be awesome to release these transparent window interiors for anyone to use as a free resource in making houses with faked views and rain.

You can write a tutorial on how to set up the weather scripting! We'll be famous muhahahahaha!!!!

If you wanna develop it, I suggest to look at Emma's houses, how she does it. She had help of a lot of people to create them.

Companions use to have a quest related to them. It's said to be used to locate the companion, but maybe it's used to run scripts too.

I definitely like this idea and will keep it in mind. I can probably figure it out but it may take some time to start. I just started playing Skyrim and am fooling around with the idea of putting a new home somewhere. I'm currently scouting possible locations.

lol I'm learning TES4Edit and how to merge and edit plugins, I wanna make some changes and fixes in the world.

It's very far from being a modder, but I think I'll be able to have enough control of my game.

I've seen a handful amount of houses and have still a lot many to install and play. There are already a lot of house models, features to do and quests to play. I indeed think that what's missing is a place to have fun spending time and watching companions live.

Good examples are the one I said of getting home and finding a companion close to the lake, or seeing Emma's sheeps playing around.

The next step would be make companions have advanced interactions, but that's better left for TES6!

The objects could be linked to one xmarker. The ones to be displayed with AN loaded could have enable state same as that xmarker and objects to display when AN is not loaded could have enable state opposite to that xmarker. So that:

• AN loaded, xmarker enabled so AN stuff enabled and non-AN stuff disabled
  • AN not loaded, xmarker disabled so AN stuff disabled and non-AN stuff enabled

Rain boxes could have a separate xmarker, as their enable state is also dependant on precipitation (in addition to AN). Also maybe some other objects, but that could be the main idea. That way, the things that are AN-specific (rain boxes, exterior structures, etc.) would only be enabled if AN is loaded and disabled when AN is not loaded.

Or that is how I would think about it. You can do it whichever way you want. The rain boxes are available as a separate modders resource on the Nexus. Building meshes could probably be taken from AN, but indeed permissions could be asked first, unless permission is given in the readme or such. I have never checked AN permissions... :tongue:

Good luck with the project. My castle mod will support AN just about the way I described here (do not look at the current implementation, the mod is not of acceptable quality!). So when I have the scripting ready, I can paste it here in case you are interested.

Good luck with the project. :smile:

Edited by PhilippePetain

I know what you mean and maybe I will go that route because doing all the windows is really a lot of work for one person. That's why I was hoping different people could do a different section to get those windows right or added to. Hopefully one of these days I'll have at least the green house room done but it's slow going right now unfortunately.

As for the scripts I would certainly welcome them. The linking and enabling I have a good knock for so that part should be no problem for me. Worst case I can set things up like you suggest but I am really hoping to get a few of my own redone interiors pieces in there at least.

HikariWS, I suggest searching for some of the simpler overhaul mods that only do light changes. You can see how they work and then adjust them the way you want. Also Wyre Bash can help you control many aspects of the game with bashed patch tweaks like unlimited rings and item renaming for clearer listing.