A darker Elder Scrolls

Th0raxeIV

Ok if your like me you love the "grey" aspect of the quest in Fallout (you know when you can be good but still do bad things and the way around) and I'm hoping that Bethesda as learned something with FO.

My favourite quest line in Oblivion was the Dark Brotherhood but after you finishit you really dont have that many darked themed quest were YOU are bad....for example theres a quest were theres a gang of women that rob maried man, now if your playing a female char you should have the option to join the gang....you didn't.....but I hope that in Skyrim you WILL be able to make that kind of choice

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's exactly what i've been sayin!!! we should have the option to be this bad tempered baddass that could suddenly decide to behad a guy or torture some information from people! i wanna be EVIL i'm good in real life so i wanna be "bad to the bone" in a game!

Oblivion is meant to be played with a good character, vanilla version at least. Even the Dark Brotherhood, wich is considered to be the most evil guild in Cyrodiil is not that evil after all. They don't realy kill for pleasure.

Having the option to become the bad guy is indeed tempting and it would definetly spice up the game, but Oblivion was simply not made for that. I will also join with you guys, in the belief that mayby we'll see something different with Skyrim.

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

I hope that they learned something working on the Fallout series that people like having more control over the choices they make...maybe I dont want to help this guy because I find him to be a bit of an a**hole....maybe I want to betray my group because I belive what they are doing is wrong

I hope that they learned something working on the Fallout series that people like having more control over the choices they make...maybe I dont want to help this guy because I find him to be a bit of an a**hole....maybe I want to betray my group because I belive what they are doing is wrong

Exactly, but also, maybe you don't help someone because your character is a bit of an a**hole, or you betray your group because what you're doing is wrong. When it comes to endings, I won't be satisfied if you can't just completely fail and lose at the game. My first Oblivion game I attacked the emperor like 3 times, only once accidentally, and he chose me to do his quest.When I finally did the main quest it turned out that you could only really lose in like 2 places, and that just displayed a dialog box. If I go around smashing the gears (and people) of the main quest and loot and pillage as the world crumbles, my guy should eventually pass a "Point of no return" and no matter what I do from there should be futile. I think there should be at least toggleable(optional)time restraints on the MQ,like if after all the gates open wide I decide to go on a 3 month mages guild sabbatical the outcome should be grim. FAILURE IS ALWAYS AN OPTION! Cuz I'm gonna be a snow pirate :pirate:

In Morrowind, if I remember correctly, once you killed a certain NPC that is related to the Main Quest of the game, you could not finish the quest anymore. You could still go on and do all the other guild and side quests hovewer.