More male armor/clothes mods

Th0raxeIV

I don't mind seeing armor mods for both genders as I personally play both male and female characters. However I stress the point of ARMOR.... swimsuits, latex, metal bras and cod pieces leaving areas of exposed flesh especially over vital organs is not ARMOR and would also not provide sufficient warmth is an arctic environment it is eyecandy nothing more. You can still make you character attractive and yet protected just look at Zertualpro's Underworld Armor, it is fullbody plate and chainmail that would be practical in a combat situation and still hugs a womans curves. Badass can also be sexy without turning Elder Scrolls into a Victoria Secret catalog .

People are going to do whatever they want and I can't force them to do otherwise that is just my take on the issue.

Edited by NAPALM13092

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must haven't seen in-game screenshots. The place is not frozen to hell, and many shots depict how many cloths are well exposed. It seems all the Dragon-born enjoy walks everywhere with habergeon armors. :biggrin:

http://download.gameblog.fr/images/blogs/7428/48846_med.jpg

http://download.gameblog.fr/images/blogs/7428/48845_med.jpg

But anyway, look at that beautiful Imperial male armor look. I don't worry about male characters looks go to be, at least we get beards for men furs for Kajatties.

http://download.gameblog.fr/images/blogs/7428/48841_med.jpg

Perfect. I

Point taken but you know what I am getting at when it comes to armor. I am also more than well aware of the multiple environments of Skyrim from mountains and volcanic tundra to taiga forest and grassy plains. I am not saying everywhere in Skyrim requires a fur coat but it is not the best environment for short shorts and tube tops.

You are talking to a guy that drinks up every little tidbit of lore and fact about the Elder Scrolls Universe like an addict if there is one thing I am not it is misinformed. You are not going to throw any facts or screenshots at me I haven't seen I can assure you.

Edited by NAPALM13092

Message received, Mr. Elder Scroll! It's ice cold. I'll gonna need more coats for that. (shivering)

lol They are having a sale on furs at JC Pennys I hear.

*begins singing "Your Cold as Ice" by Foreigner*

Didn't mean to sound like a dick hard to judge someones tone from text alone. Mr. Elder Scroll... I think you just hooked me up with a new name.

Edited by NAPALM13092

I don't mind seeing armor mods for both genders as I personally play both male and female characters. However I stress the point of ARMOR.... swimsuits, latex, metal bras and cod pieces leaving areas of exposed flesh especially over vital organs is not ARMOR and would also not provide sufficient warmth is an arctic environment it is eyecandy nothing more. You can still make you character attractive and yet protected just look at Zertualpro's Underworld Armor, it is fullbody plate and chainmail that would be practical in a combat situation and still hugs a womans curves. Badass can also be sexy without turning Elder Scrolls into a Victoria Secret catalog .

People are going to do whatever they want and I can't force them to do otherwise that is just my take on the issue.

Again with another argument about the "realism" thing in armors. I swear, what's with people hating on eyecandy? Midtek's post of the Skyrim screenshots shows "lore friendly" armors for males and yet they're still very flesh exposing. Based on the fantasy world which is what TES is based on: look at all the Conan movies... How "real" are Conan's flesh exposing armors? Look at the game world of TES. What's so real about tossing lightning bolts from your hands? What's realistic about lugging around a mace, sword, bow, or axe that weighs 20+ pounds and still have your character swinging it as if the weapon only weighs one pound? Realistic medieval hand weapons usually only weigh 4-5 pounds at most. I think the people crying foul on realism should really do some thinking to see that TES is just a game and there's nothing real about it.

Again with another argument about the "realism" thing in armors. I swear, what's with people hating on eyecandy? Midtek's post of the Skyrim screenshots shows "lore friendly" armors for males and yet they're still very flesh exposing. Based on the fantasy world which is what TES is based on: look at all the Conan movies... How "real" are Conan's flesh exposing armors? Look at the game world of TES. What's so real about tossing lightning bolts from your hands? What's realistic about lugging around a mace, sword, bow, or axe that weighs 20+ pounds and still have your character swinging it as if the weapon only weighs one pound? Realistic medieval hand weapons usually only weigh 4-5 pounds at most. I think the people crying foul on realism should really do some thinking to see that TES is just a game and there's nothing real about it.

Yeah, I agree, though some armors take it a bit too far. A happy medium between the two would be nice.

Any one things that maybe because now armor changes depending on the race...you will see mods that are no longer Male/Female but more Race Male/Female

I feel fairly certain that those mods will be few. I'm guessing most mods will have the same model for all races. Not necessarily a bad thing if it means more available options for your character.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I agree, though some armors take it a bit too far. A happy medium between the two would be nice.

Your right, some armors do take it too far. Hopefully there will be as much men outfits as there are women outfits mods in skyrim.