Ingredient Change Problems

Noggog

So, I decided to make the simple change of modifying all ingredients with a restore attribute to be fortify attribute, (ex Restore Agility => Fortify agility)... as I feel like restore attribute is a useless effect, and would like to see more "speed pots" and the like.

I found other ingredients that had fortify attribute and copied the settings over, however, Oblivion is neglecting the changes I made to the ingredients in game and erasing my custom effect from the ingredient's list.

For example, Fly Amantia Caps normally have Restore Agility as their first effect, I typed in FOAT instead REAT so that it would fortify agility instead.

In game, Fly Amantia Caps only display three effects: Burden, restore health, and shock damage.

In fact, no matter what effect I substitute in for the Restore Agility, it doesn't show up in game. The effects I type in look identical to effects native to vanilla ingredients, aside from maybe a magnitude adjustment.

Any clue why the effects aren't showing up?

Using the Fly Amantia example again, here is a picture example of a change I've made from Restore Attribute to Fortify Attribute:

http://tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/862590-1295934739.png

Compare this to the vanilla leek, it's got the same Fortify Agility setup, aside from the magnitude being 30 instead of 15. The leek's effect shows up in game, but my custom one does not. Very confuzzling.

... as I feel like restore attribute is a useless effect,

Until you start to get your skills and abilities damaged. Not so useless then.

Huh, I didn't even know you can use TES4Edit for that sort of thing. I can confirm it's easy to do with the CS. I'm not much of a modder and I managed to add a scripted effect from Mod A to about fifty items that are added by Mod B, and it worked the first time I tested it out with no issues. If I can manage that, it should be even easier to just switch one vanilla effect for another vanilla effect on a vanilla item.